- Lynn B. Jorde, John C. Carey, Michael J. Bamshad.
- 4th ed.
- Philadelphia : Mosby/Elsevier, c2010.
- Physical description
- xi, 350 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|RB155 .J67 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 Background and History 2 Basic Cell Biology: Structure and Function of Genes and Chromosomes 3 Genetic Variation: Its Origin and Detection 4 Autosomal Dominant and Recessive Inheritance 5 Sex-Linked and Nontraditional Modes of Inheritance 6 Clinical Cytogenetics: The Chromosomal Basis of Human Disease 7 Biochemical Genetics: Disorders of Metabolism 8 Gene Mapping and Identification 9 Immunogenetics 10 Developmental Genetics 11 Cancer Genetics 12 Multifactorial Inheritance and Common Diseases 13 Genetic Testing and Gene Therapy 14 Genetics and Personalized Medicine 15 Clinical Genetics and Genetic Counseling.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780323053730 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- "Medical Genetics" is the clearest and most concise text on the subject, providing state-of-the-art coverage of clinically relevant molecular genetics. Lynn B. Jorde, PhD; John C. Carey, MD; and Michael J. Bamshad, MD integrate recent developments with clinical practice and emphasize the central principles of genetics and their clinical applications. Now in full color, this edition provides you with the stunning visual clarity so important in this field. Get the very latest on hot topics like gene identification, cancer genetics, gene testing and gene therapy, common diseases, ethical and social issues, personalized medicine, and much more. With Student Consult access, you'll get the full text online, along with images, 150 USMLE-style questions, and the clinical commentary and patient/family vignette boxes from the text-collated by chapter-for review. The accompanying Evolve site provides additional faculty notes, higher resolution images, 150 multiple choice questions, and 100 sample problems and essay questions. In other words, this is an indispensable resource that should be on every reading list.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780323053730 20160612
- Publication date
- Rev. ed. of: Medical genetics / Lynn B. Jorde ... [et al.]. 3rd ed. 1996.
- Related Work
- Medical genetics.
- Available in another form
- Online version: Jorde, Lynn B. Medical genetics. 4th ed. Philadelphia : Mosby/Elsevier, c2010
Browse related items
Start at call number: