RNA structure and folding : biophysical techniques and prediction methods
- edited by Dagmar Klostermeier and Christian Hammann.
- Berlin : Walter de Gruyter, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxii, 408 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm
Biology Library (Falconer)
QP623 .R585 2013
- Unknown QP623 .R585 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Optical spectroscopy and calorimetry / Dagmar Klostermeier and Christian Hammann
- Footprinting methods for mapping RNA-protein and RNA-RNA interactions / Mâelodie Duval ... [et al.]
- Chemical approaches to the structural investigation of RNA in solution / Mark Helm
- Bioorthogonal modifications and cycloaddition reactions for RNA chemical biology / Claudia Hèobartner, Lea Bèuttner, and Fatemeh Javadi-Zarnaghi
- Analysis of RNA conformation using comparative gel electrophoresis / David M.J. Lilley
- Virus RNA structure deduced by combining x-ray diffraction and atomic force microscopy / Alexander McPherson
- Investigating RNA structure and folding with optical tweezers / Mathilde Bercy ... [et al.]
- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer as a tool to investigate RNA structure and folding / Airat Gubaev and Dagmar Klostermeier
- RNA studies by small angle x-ray scattering (SAX) in solution / Alexey G. Kikhney, Sebastian Doniach, and Dmitri I. Svergun
- Integrative structure-function analysis of large nucleoprotein complexes / Jean-Franðcois Mâenâetret ... [et al.]
- Structure and conformational dynamics of RNA determined by pulsed EPR / Ivan Krstic
- NMR-based characterization of RNA structure and dynamics / Christina R. Mozes and Mirko Hennig
- Crystallization of RNA for structure determination by x-ray crystallography / Adrian R. Ferrâe-D'Amarâe
- RNA structure prediction / Gerhard Steger and Robert Giegerich
- Analyzing, searching and annotating recurrent RNA three-dimensional motifs / Anton I. Petrov, Blake A Sweeney and Neocles B. Leontis.
- Publisher's Summary
- While structure-function relationships of proteins have been studied for a long time, structural studies of RNA face additional challenges. Nevertheless, with the continuous discovery of novel RNA molecules with key cellular functions and of novel pathways and interaction networks, the need for structural information of RNA is still increasing. This volume provides an introduction into techniques to assess structure and folding of RNA. Each chapter explains the theoretical background of one technique, and illustrates possibilities and limitations in selected application examples.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9783110284591 (alk. paper)
- 3110284596 (alk. paper)