- 2nd edition.
- Oxfordshire : CABI, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxi, 542 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
SB998 .N4 P56 2013
- Unknown SB998 .N4 P56 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 481-521) and index.
- The Editors Contributors Preface Preface to the second edition PART I. TAXONOMY AND PRINCIPAL GENERA 1 Structure and Classification 2 Molecular Systematics 3 Root-knot Nematodes 4 Cyst Nematodes 5 Migratory Endoparasitic Nematodes 6 Ectoparasitic Nematodes PART II. NEMATODE BIOLOGY AND PLANT RESPONSES 7 Reproduction, Physiology and Biochemistry 8 Behaviour and Sensory Perception 9 Molecular Aspects of Plant-Nematode Interactions PART III. QUANTITATIVE NEMATOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT 10 Plant Growth and Population Dynamics 11 Distribution Patterns and Sampling 12 International Plant Health - Putting Legislation into Practice 13 Biological and Cultural Management 14 Nematode Resistance in Crops 15 Genetic Engineering for Resistance 16 Chemical Control of Nematodes References Glossary Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Plant-parasitic nematodes devastate crops worldwide, in turn impacting international trade, social and economic development. Effective control of nematodes is essential for crop protection, and requires an understanding of nematode biology, taxonomy, population dynamics and sampling methods. Providing a broad introduction to nematodes as plant parasites, this book begins by describing nematodes by genera, and builds on this foundation to detail nematode biology and pest management, including biological and chemical control. Chapters are authored by international experts and enhanced by extensive illustrations and focus boxes. Fully updated throughout, this new edition is an essential resource for postgraduate students, extension officers, researchers and crop protection scientists.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Roland N. Perry, Department of AgroEcology, Rothamsted Research, UK and Biology Department, Ghent University, Belgium, and Maurice Moens, Institute for Agricultural and Fisheries Research, Belgium and Laboratory for Agrozoology, Ghent University, Belgium.
- 9781780641515 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 1780641516 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 9781780641539 (pbk : alk. paper)
- 1780641532 (pbk : alk. paper)