Common core state standards for grades K-1 : language arts instructional strategies and activities
- Michelle Manville.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Physical description
- vi, 89 pages ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1576 .M37756 2013||Unknown|
- Manville, Michelle, 1953-
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 87-88).
- Introduction Chapter 1: Instructional Strategies and Activities: An Overview Chapter 2: Grade K-1 Text Exemplars Chapter 3: Kindergarten Common Core State Standards Chapter 4: Kindergarten Strategies and Activities for Reading Literature Chapter 5: Kindergarten Strategies and Activities for Reading Informational Text Chapter 6: Kindergarten Strategies and Activities for Reading Foundational Skills Chapter 7: Kindergarten Strategies and Activities for Writing Chapter 8: Kindergarten Strategies and Activities for Speaking and Listening Chapter 9: Kindergarten Strategies and Activities for Language Chapter 10: Grade 1 Common Core State Standards Chapter 11: Grade 1 Strategies and Activities for Reading Literature Chapter 12: Grade 1 Strategies and Activities for Reading Informational Text Chapter 13: Grade 1 Strategies and Activities for Reading Foundational Skills Chapter 14: Grade 1 Strategies and Activities for Writing Chapter 15: Grade 1 Strategies and Activities for Speaking and Listening Chapter 16: Grade 1 Strategies and Activities for Language Appendix A: Alpha box Appendix B: Summary Frames Appendix C: Stem Questions Appendix D: Sample Kindergarten Advance Organizers Appendix E: Sample Grade 1 Advance Organizers Appendix F: Sample Parent Letter Appendix G: Products and Performances List Appendix H: Verbs to Question References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Common Core State Standards for Grades K-1: Language Arts Instructional Strategies and Activities is designed to help teachers teach CORE standards using research-based, effective instructional strategies in combination with ready-to-use activities. These strategies include identifying similarities and differences, writing summaries and taking notes, creating non-linguistic representations, and suggestions for homework and practice. There are a variety of suggested texts as well as identified text exemplars that can easily be used with the suggested activities. The activities accommodate most teaching styles and can be used by the new teacher as well as the experienced teacher with very little advanced preparation required. While the activities in each chapter are listed as single suggestions, they can be used individually or combined to strengthen your current units as you implement the Common Core State Standards in your daily planning and instruction.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781475806632 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475806639 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475806649 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: