The ABC's of classroom management : an A-Z sampler for designing your learning community
- by Pamela A. Kramer Ertel and Madeline Kovarik.
- Second edition.
- New York : Routledge, 2014.
- Physical description
- ix, 168 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .K73 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Table of Contents A About The ABC's of Classroom Management Absent Students Accountability for Students Activity Periods & Specials Anger Management Antecedents Anticipate Assume Nothing Attendance Attention Attention (How Students Get Yours) Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Attention Span B Baby Steps Bathroom Breaks Be Human Beginning the School Year Behavior Behavior Analysis Behavior Logs Behavior Management Best Practices Body Language Boundaries Broken Record Technique Bulletin Boards Bullying Burnout C Call-Outs Capable, Connected, & Contributing Cartoon Drawing Cell Phones Chairs Cheating Choices & Consequences Choices for Learning Class Meetings Classroom Climate Classroom Management Plan Closet Catastrophes-Prevented Communication Contracts Cooperation vs. Competition Cultural Differences Cursing Custody and Divorce Cyberbullying D Daily Agenda Daily Task Defiant Students Democratic Classroom Desks Digital Citizenship Direct-Don't Ask Directory Information Discipline Dismissals with Dignity Displays E Embarrassing Moments Emergency Procedures Energy Issues Environment EpiPen Exceptional Education Student Resource Time Excitement Exercise Expectations F Fairness Field Trips Fights First Day First Day Fiasco Focus on Problem, Not Student Food Friending Students G Gangs Goodness Grade Book and Grades Grading Grading Pens Greetings Groups H Hand Signals Health Help Desk Helpers Helping Tools Holidays Homework Hot Weather Humor I Ignore Misbehavior I-Messages Inattentive Students In-House Field Trip Is Fun Allowed? J Jellyfish Teachers Journey Juggling Paperwork Justice K Keeping Your Cool Kindness Kinesthetic L Laugh Library Location, Location, Location Lockers Lounge Love Teaching Love Your Students Lunch Count Lying M Manipulatives Meetings-Faculty Mentors Model Appropriate Behavior Model Humility Motivating the Unmotivated Music to Manage By N Names on the Board-Not! New Students Newsletters No Complaining Rule Noise in the Classroom Noise that Bothers a Student Non-Procedural Questions Notes about Student Progress Notes Home Notes to Students O Observations Office Referrals One Size Does Not Fit All Open House Organization Outcasts P Page Numbers Parents Parent-Teacher Conferences Patience Pencil Sharpening Photos Playground Preparedness Bag Positives vs. Negatives Poster Power Power Struggles Practice Praise Preventative Measures Principles for Dealing with Principals Prioritizing Problem Solving 101 Procedures Pave the Way Professional Attire Project-Based Learning (PBL) Propinquity Proximity Q Questions Quick-Access Spreadsheet Quick-and-Easy Attention Grabbers R Raising Hands Reality Check Recess Recordkeeping Referrals Reflection Relationship Building Rewarding Positive Behavior Role Model Routines Rules S SLANT Sarcasm Seating Arrangements Seating Charts Security Shopping Sleep Social Media Sounds of Language Stealing Student Jobs Student Responses Students with Special Needs Substitute Teachers Supplies T Take Time to ... Tattling Teacher Look Teapot Syndrome Teasing and Taunting Telephone Testing Textbooks Time-on-Task Study Time-Out Time-Savers Transitions U Undesirable Behaviors Unresponsive Parents Using Resources V Victim and Victimizer Violence Violence Prevention Voice Volunteers W Water Websites for Your Classroom Websites with Wisdom Weekly Folder Wellness Whole Class Attention Withitness Work by Students X X-amine Your Bias X-pect to Be Tested X-tra Efforts Pay Off Y Y Is a Good Question Yelling You Can Do It! "You" Statements Z Zest Zingers Zone Z-Last Letter in the Alphabet, Last Word in Classroom Management References Extras Resources Samples, Forms, & Checklists Sample Newsletter Room Arrangements Room Arrangement Checklist Environment Checklist Field Trip Checklist Parent-Teacher Conference Preparation Checklist Parent-Teacher Conference Report Progress Report Photo Release Form Family Science Night.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415841719 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Co-published with Kappa Delta Pi The ABCs of Classroom Management equips teachers with a repertoire of expert strategies to develop classroom expectations and manage student behaviors. The second edition of this practical, alphabetical guide includes expansions on time-honored topics such as relationship building, communication, discipline, and behavior management, with the addition of new topics such as cyberbullying, violence prevention, social media, and substitute teachers. The newest quick reference to managing a classroom offers tried-and-true tips and specific examples of practical applications in the classroom. Educators who purchase the second edition also can access ABC's Online to find downloadable forms, samples and checklists, and links to related resources. This edition of The ABC's of Classroom Management gives future and new educators practical and informative tips and tools for managing their classrooms to apply right away so they can focus on student learning. Underlying the nuts-and-bolts entries of the book are the themes of teacher professionalism, leadership, and empowerment. Armed with a proactive attitude and the right tools that are applied purposefully and consistently, novice teachers develop their craft to become masterful educators.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415841719 20160612
- Publication date
- 9780415841719 (paperback)
- 0415841712 (paperback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: