Seeds of sustainability [electronic resource] : lessons from the birthplace of the Green Revolution
- edited by Pamela A. Matson.
- 1st ed.
- Washington, D.C. : Island Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 292 p. : ill., maps.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Why the Yaqui Valley? An introduction / Pamela Matson and Walter Falcon
- A brief history of the Yaqui Valley / Ashley Dean
- Looking for "win-wins" in intensive agriculture / Pamela Matson, Rosamond Naylor, and Ivan Ortiz-Monasterio
- Ecosystems and land use change in the Yaqui Valley: does agricultural intensification "spare land for nature"? / Pamela Matson and Peter Jewett
- Linking knowledge with action for sustainable development: A case study of change and effectiveness / Ellen McCullough and Pamela Matson
- Exploring vulnerability in the Yaqui Valley human-environment system / Pamela Matson, Amy Luers, and Ellen McCullough
- From wheat to waves and back again: connections between the Yaqui Valley and the Gulf of California / Michael Beman and Amy Luers
- The Yaqui Valley's agricultural transition to a more open economy / Rosamond Naylor and Walter Falcon
- Agricultural research and management at the field scale / Ivan Ortiz-Monasterio and David Lobell
- Nitrogen in the Yaqui Valley: sources, transfers, and consequences / Toby Ahrens ... [et al.]
- Water resources management in the Yaqui Valley / Gerrit Schoups ... [et al.]
- Lessons learned / Pamela Matson, Rosamond Naylor, and Ivan Ortiz-Monasterio.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Lessons from the birthplace of the Green Revolution
- Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. : ebrary, 2013. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.
- 9781597265225 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1597265225 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781597265256 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 159726525X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610911771 (e-book)
- 1610911776 (electronic bk.)