De novo molecular design
- edited by Gisbert Schneider.
- Weinheim, Germany : Wiley-VCH, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxiv, 553 pages)
- Schneider, Gisbert, 1965-
- Publisher's Summary
- Systematically examining current methods and strategies, this ready reference covers a wide range of molecular structures, from organic-chemical drugs to peptides, proteins and nucleic acids, in line with emerging new drug classes derived from biomacromolecules. A leader in the field and one of the pioneers of this young discipline has assembled here the most prominent experts from across the world to provide first-hand knowledge. While most of their methods and examples come from the area of pharmaceutical discovery and development, the approaches are equally applicable for molecular probes and diagnostics, pesticides, and any other molecule designed to interact with a biological system. Hundreds of images and screenshots, many of them in full color, illustrate the examples and method descriptions. With its broad and balanced coverage, this will be the first-stop resource for medicinal chemists, biochemists and biotechnologists for many years to come.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)