Trichoderma : biology and applications
- edited by Prasun K. Mukherjee ... [et al.].
- Boston, MA : CABI, c2013.
- Physical description
- xv, 327 p. : ill. ; 26 cm
Biology Library (Falconer)
QK625 .M7 T76 2013
- Unknown QK625 .M7 T76 2013
- Mukherjee, Prasun K.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1.Trichoderma in agriculture, industry and medicine: An overview 2.Two hundred Trichoderma species recognized based on molecular phylogeny 3.The influence of light on the biology of Trichoderma 4.Sexual development in Trichoderma - scrutinizing the aspired phenomenon 5.Asexual development in Trichoderma: From conidia to chlamydospores 6.Volatile organic metabolites of Trichoderma spp.: biosynthesis, biology and analytics 7.Molecular tools in Trichoderma genetic studies 8.Trichoderma in the rhizosphere- looking for sugar? 9.The endophytic Trichoderma 10. Promotion of plant growth and the induction of systemic defense by Trichoderma: Physiology, genetics and geneexpression 11.Trichoderma genomes: a vast reservoir of potential elicitor proteins 12.The use of metabolomic approaches to study Trichoderma-plant interactions 13.Trichoderma and the biorefinery: From plant health to enzymes to biofuel production14.Trichoderma in plant health management 15. Marine-derived Trichoderma, a source of new bioactive metabolites 16.Trichoderma as cell factories 17.Trichoderma as a human pathogen.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Trichoderma spp. are biotechnologically significant fungi, being widely used both in agriculture and industry. These microbes are also a potential drug source of clinical importance. In recent years, driven by advances in genetics and genomics, research on these fungi have opened new avenues for its varied applications. Divided into three sections, covering taxonomy and physiology, interactions with plants and applications and significance, this book also discusses topics that have seen rapid developments in the recent years. Various aspects of Trichoderma such as molecular taxonomy, sexual and asexual developments, secondary metabolism, beneficial interactions with plants, applications as cell factories and harmful interactions with humans are discussed. This book will be an essential ready reference for researchers, students and people from industry as well.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781780642475 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 1780642474 (hbk : alk. paper)