Researching dyslexia in multilingual settings : diverse perspectives
- edited by Deirdre Martin.
- Bristol ; Buffalo : Multilingual Matters, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 184 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Communication disorders across languages.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|RC394 .W6 R47 2013||Unknown|
- Martin, Deirdre (Deirdre M.) editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Deirdre Martin: Researching Dyslexia in Multilingual Settings: Diverse Perspectives Chapter 1. John Everatt, Gavin Reid and Gad Elbeheri: Assessment Approaches for Multilingual Learners with Dyslexia Chapter 2. Richard L. Sparks: Individual Differences in Foreign (Second) Learning: A Cognitive Approach Chapter 3. Carol Goldfus: Cognitive Intervention to Enhance Foreign Language Reading Comprehension in Adolescents with Dyslexia Difficulties Chapter 4. Judit Kormos: Assessing Research on Dyslexic Language Learners in EFL Contexts Chapter 5. Brendan Stuart Weekes, I-Fan Su, Carol To and Anastasia Ulicheva: Acquired Dyslexia in Bilingual Speakers: Implications for Models of Oral Reading Chapter 6. Maria Rontou: Implementation of National Policy on Dyslexia in EFL Provision Chapter 7. Jean Conteh: Multilingual Literacies in Mainstream Classroom Contexts Chapter 8. Bobbie Kabuto: Becoming Biliterate within the Crossroads of Home and School: Insights Gained from Taking Multiple Theoretical Stances.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781783090655 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume draws together current research on dyslexia and literacy in multilingual settings across disciplines and methodologies. The contributors, all internationally recognised in the field, address developmental and acquired literacy difficulties and dyslexia in a range of language contexts including EAL/EFL. The book uses theories and analytical frameworks of a critical nature to reveal prejudicial social practices, and suggests future research directions towards a critical re-consideration of current understandings of dyslexia in multilingual settings, with a view to foregrounding the potential for interdisciplinarity. The book also suggests ways forward for evidence-informed practice, and it will be a valuable resource for researchers, practitioners and students alike.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781783090655 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Communication disorders across languages
- 9781783090655 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 1783090650 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 9781783090648 (pbk : alk. paper)
- 1783090642 (pbk : alk. paper)
- 9781783090662 (pdf)
- 1783090669 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: