Theory and method in higher education research
- edited by Jeroen Huisman, University of Gent, Gent, Belgium, Malcolm Tight, Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK.
- First edition.
- Bingley, UK : Emerald, 2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 279 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- International perspectives on higher education research ; v.9.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2326.3 .T56 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- List of Contributors. Editorial introduction. Comparative Research in Higher Education Studies: Considering the Different Levels of Comparison and Emerging Methodological Challenges. Policy Research in Higher Education: Theories and Methods for Globalising Times. The Critical Higher Education Policy Discourse Analysis Framework. Critical Discourse Analysis and Higher Education Research. Discourse Analysis in Higher Education Research. Tracking Experience Over Time: Epistemological Issues and Methodological Challenges. Identity as a Theoretical Construct in Research about Academic Careers. Addressing Challenges of Conducting Quality Mixed Methods Studies in Higher Education. Methods on the Margins? Queer Theory as Method in Higher Education Research. Within/Against: Feminist Theory as Praxis in Higher Education Research. Visualising Knowledge Structures to Highlight the Articulation Between Theory and Method in Higher Education Research. Using Structural Equation Modelling to Understand Predictors of Undergraduate Students' Academic Performance. Phenomenography: From Critical Aspects to Knowledge Claim. An Application of Variation Theory of Learning in Higher Education. Theory and Method in Higher Education Research. International Perspectives on Higher Education Research. Theory and Method in Higher Education Research. Copyright page.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781781906835 20180530
- Publisher's Summary
- Theory and Method in Higher Education Research contains contemporary contributions to international debates regarding the application and development of theory and methodology in researching higher education. Higher education research is a developing field internationally, which is attracting more and more researchers from a great variety of disciplinary backgrounds within and beyond higher education institutions. As such, it is an arena within which a wide range of theories, methods and methodologies is being applied. As an expanding multidisciplinary area of interest, we may also expect increased development of theory and method. This volume aims to offer a channel for discussion, critique and innovation. It should become essential reading for the growing numbers of researchers engaging with higher education across the globe.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781781906828 20160612
- Publication date
- International perspectives on higher education research ; volume 9
- 9781781906828 (hbk.)
- 1781906823 (hbk.)
- 9781781906835 (ebook)
- 9781783501434 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: