University of California Botanical Expedition to Alaska (Bering Sea): photographs by A. Lawson, 1899
- Physical description
- 50 black and white prints (1 folder)
- Lawson, Anstruther Abercrombie, 1874?-1927
- Includes photos of the botanists (Hunt, Jepson, Lawson, and Setchell), native people and their homes, and vegetation and topography. Areas identified are Illiliuk, Unalaska, Juneau, Unimak Island, Dutch Harbor, Sitka, and Douglas. There are numerous photos of individual plants, including willows, lupin, Castilleja, iris, Senecio, and a large seaweed (Alaria sp.)
- Publication date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Gift of John H. Thomas, 1996. Accession 1996-174.
- William Albert Setchell, prominent phycologist was chair of the Botany Department at the University of California, Berkeley.
Browse related items
Start at call number: