Gender, identity and educational leadership
- Kay Fuller.
- London : Bloomsbury, 2013.
- Physical description
- 213 pages ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2901 .F87 2013||Unknown|
- Fuller, Kay (College teacher)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 193-206) and index.
- Acknowledgements List of tables 1. Context and Rationale 2. Gender and Educational Leadership 3. Values-led Leadership 4. What Diversity Means to Headteachers: Gender 5. What Diversity Means to Headteachers: Social Class 6. What Diversity Means to Headteachers: Ethnicity 7. Conclusion References Appendices Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781441166074 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Gender, Identity and Educational Leadership explores how head teachers' social identities - particularly pertaining to gender, social class and ethnicity - influence their leadership of diverse populations of pupils and staff. Informed by new research conducted throughout the first decade of the 21st century and advances in gender theories, the book draws attention to how head teachers' views of their diverse school populations influence school leadership. Connections are made between head teachers' social identities; their personal and professional histories; and their perceptions of diversity amongst the children, young people, staff and the wider communities they serve.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781441166074 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781441166074 (hardback)
- 1441166076 (hardback)
- 9781441118417 (epdf)
- 9781441133755 (epub)
Browse related items
Start at call number: