Modern recording techniques
- David Miles Huber, Robert E. Runstein.
- Eighth edition.
- New York : Focal Press, 2014.
- Physical description
- xix, 644 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
TK7881.4 .H783 2014
- Unknown TK7881.4 .H783 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ACKNOWLEDGMENTS CHAPTER 1 Introduction CHAPTER 2 Sound and hearing CHAPTER 3 Studio acoustics and design CHAPTER 4 Microphones: design and application CHAPTER 5 The analog tape recorder CHAPTER 6 Digital audio technology CHAPTER 7 The digital audio workstation CHAPTER 8 Groove tools and techniques CHAPTER 9 MIDI and electronic music technology CHAPTER 10 Multimedia and the web CHAPTER 11 Synchronization CHAPTER 12 Amplifiers CHAPTER 13 Power- and ground-related issues CHAPTER 14 The art and technology of mixing CHAPTER 15 Signal processing CHAPTER 16 Noise reduction CHAPTER 17 Monitoring CHAPTER 18 Surround sound CHAPTER 19 Mastering CHAPTER 20 Product manufacture CHAPTER 21 Studio tips and tricks CHAPTER 22 Yesterday, today and tomorrow Appendix A Continued education Appendix B Tax tips for musicians INDEX.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Master the tools and day-to-day practices of music recording and production. Learn the ins and outs of room acoustics and designing a studio. Gain techniques for mic placement and running a session. Get a solid grounding in both theory and industry practice. Modern Recording Techniques, the bestselling, authoritative guide to recording, provides everything you need to improve your craft. "If you're serious about recording--whether you're an amateur enthusiast, a student, a musician, or an audio professional, you'll find this book an informative, in-depth, cover-to-cover read and a useful reference manual...an excellent read and a must-have reference book." - MusicTech magazine Expanded to include the latest digital audio technology, the eighth edition now has sections on touch technology, tablets, and newer connectivity options, such as Thunderbolt. It also includes revamped graphics throughout, and major updates of the sections covering DAWs, MIDI, and mastering. Whether you are just starting out or are looking for a step-up in the industry, Modern Recording Techniques provides an in-depth read on recording; it is a must-have for your audio bookshelf.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780240821573 (paper back)
- 0240821572 (paper back)