Mathematics in image processing
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Physical description
- x, 245 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm.
- IAS/Park City mathematics series ; v. 19.
TA1637.5 .M37 2013
- Unknown TA1637.5 .M37 2013
- Zhao, Hong-Kai, 1968-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Table of Contents * Introduction - by H. Zhao * MRA-based wavelet frames and applications - by B. Dong and Z. Shen * Five lectures on sparse and redundant representations modelling of images - by M. Elad * Simulation of elasticity, biomechanics, and virtual surgery - by J. M. Teran, J. L. Hellrung, Jr., and J. Hegemann.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The theme of the 2010 PCMI Summer School was Mathematics in Image Processing in a broad sense, including mathematical theory, analysis, computation algorithms and applications. In image processing, information needs to be processed, extracted and analysed from visual content, such as photographs or videos. These demands include standard tasks such as compression and denoising, as well as high-level understanding and analysis, such as recognition and classification. Centred on the theme of mathematics in image processing, the summer school covered quite a wide spectrum of topics in this field. The summer school is particularly timely and exciting due to the very recent advances and developments in the mathematical theory and computational methods for sparse representation. This volume collects three self-contained lecture series. The topics are multi-resolution based wavelet frames and applications to image processing, sparse and redundant representation modelling of images and simulation of elasticity, biomechanics, and virtual surgery. Recent advances in image processing, compressed sensing and sparse representation are discussed.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Hongkai Zhao, editor.
- IAS/Park City mathematics series ; volume 19
- 9780821898413 (alk. paper)
- 0821898418 (alk. paper)