Atmospheric science for environmental scientists
- edited by C.N. Hewitt and A.V. Jackson.
- Chichester, U.K. ; Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- Physical description
- xii, 300 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), maps ; 25 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Includes Web resources.
- List of abbreviations, constants and nomenclature. 1. The climate of the Earth. John Lockwood. 2. The evolution of the Earth's atmosphere. Richard Wayne. 3. Solar energy and atmospheric structure. Hugh Coe. 4. Biogeochemical cycles. Dudley Shallcross. 5. Tropospheric chemistry and air pollution. Paul Monks. 6. Clouds: formation and chemistry. Peter Brimblecombe. 7. Particulate matter in the atmosphere. Paul Williams. 8. Stratospheric chemistry and ozone depletion. Rob Mackenzie. 9. Boundary layer meteorology and atmospheric dispersion. Janet Barlow. 10. Urban air pollution. Jes Fenger. 11. Climate change and global air pollution. Atul Jain. Appendix: List of websites Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Climate change and air quality are two of the most pressing issues facing Mankind. This book gives undergraduate and graduate students and professionals working in the science and policy of pollution, climate change and air quality a broad and up-to-date account of our understanding of the processes that occur in the atmosphere, how these are changing as Man's relentless use of natural resources continues and what effects these changes are having on the Earth's climate and the quality of the air we breath. Written by an international team of experts, this text gives an excellent overview of our current understanding of the state of the Earth's atmosphere and how it is changing. It is an invaluable resource for students, teachers and professionals. Key features:* End of chapter questions* Each chapter includes both basic concepts and more in-depth material, allowing faculty to direct students accordingly* Most up-to-date treatment of key issues such as stratospheric chemistry, urban air pollution, and climate change.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- 9781405185424 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1405185422 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781405156905 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1405156902 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: