Chemical information for chemists : a primer
- Cambridge : RSC Publishing, .
- Physical description
- xv, 306 p. : ill. ; 23 cm
QD8.5 .C474 2014
- Unknown QD8.5 .C474 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction to the chemical literature-- Using the primary literature: A. Journals and impact-- B. Patents-- C. Conference papers, reports, and abstracts-- Searching by text-- Physical properties-- Structure and substructure searching-- Reaction searching-- Basic Markush searching for patent information-- Polymers and information retrieval-- Commercial availability and safety and hazards information-- Green chemistry information-- Protein searching-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- While it is not difficult to find data in many cases, what advice can you get on the quality of the data retrieved? Chemical Information for Chemists could help with this problem and more. This book is a chemical information book aimed specifically at practicing chemists. Written and edited by experts in the field, it is ideal for chemists who lack a chemical information professional able to teach basic and intermediate techniques in retrieving and evaluating information using the unique entry points of the chemical literature, including structure, formula, substructure, and sequence. Aimed at students on undergraduate and graduate courses, it could also be a useful guide to new information specialists who are facing the challenging diversity of chemical literature.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Judith N. Currano and Dana L. Roth.
- 9781849735513 (pbk.)
- 1849735514 (pbk.)