Strategy instruction for students with learning disabilities
- Robert Reid, Torri Ortiz Lienemann, Jessica L. Hagaman.
- Second edition.
- New York : The Guilford Press, 
- Physical description
- xi, 308 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- What works for special needs learners.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4705 .R46 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 281-298) and index.
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Why Use Strategy Instruction?
- 2. Building Background Knowledge
- 3. The Self-Regulated Strategy Development Model
- 4. How to Implement the SRSD Model
- 5. Self-Regulation Strategies
- 6. Implementing Self-Regulation Strategies
- 7. Integrating Strategies and Self-Regulation
- 8. Creating Lesson Plans Using the SRSD Model
- 9. Strategies for Handwriting and Spelling
- 10. Strategies for Written Language
- 11. Strategies in Reading Comprehension
- 12. Strategies in Mathematics
- 13. Study Skills Strategies
- 14. Mnemonics.
- Publisher's Summary
- Filling an important need for K-12 educators, this highly practical book provides a step-by-step guide to cognitive strategy instruction, one of the most effective instructional techniques for struggling learners. The authors present well-validated strategies that target self-regulated learning and study skills as well as performance in specific content areas, such as writing, reading, and math. Detailed classroom examples illustrate how to teach the strategies systematically and monitor student outcomes. More than 20 reproducible worksheets, checklists, and other tools are included; purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print these materials in a convenient 8 1/2" x 11" size. New to This Edition Chapter on lesson planning, including extensive sample lessons for two strategies. Chapter on handwriting and spelling. New material on response to intervention and on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Expanded coverage of working memory. Additional strategies throughout the content-area chapters.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- What works for special-needs learners
- 9781462512201 (hardcover)
- 1462512208 (hardcover)
- 9781462511983 (pbk.)
- 1462511988 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: