Professional teacher dispositions : additions to the mainstream
- R. Lee Smith and Denise Skarbek.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, A division of Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- vii, 165 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1775.2 .S65 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface Chapter 1: Chapter 1: An Introduction to Dispositions in Education By R. Lee Smith Chapter 2: Caring, Love, and Empathy By R. Lee Smith Chapter 3: Enthusiasm, Optimism, and Humor By Terry Shepherd Chapter 4: Reflection By Denise Skarbek and Emily Williams Chapter 5: Diversity: Beyond Tolerance By Patty Alvarez McHatton and Erica McCray Chapter 6: Teaching as a Calling By Patricia Parrish, Karen Hahn, Candace Roberts, and Randall Woodard Chapter 7: Teacher Leadership By Bruce Watson and Michael Horvath Chapter 8: Equity and Social Justice in the Classroom By Sara Sage, Hope Smith Davis, and Linda Young Chapter 9: Evaluating Dispositional Behaviors in Teacher Education and Schools by R. Lee Smith and Denise Skarbek Chapter 10: Dispositional Vignettes and Discussion Questions By R. Lee Smith, Kristine Smith, Terry Shepherd, Denise Skarbek, Emily Williams, Patty Alvarez McHatton, Erica McCray, Patricia Parrish, Karen Hahn , Candace Roberts, Randall Woodard, Bruce Watson, Michael Horvath, Sara Sage, Hope Smith Davis, and Linda Young About the Contributors Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The editors and authors of Professional Teacher Dispositions: Additions to the Mainstream contribute to the long tradition in education of the discussions of teacher dispositions. It is intended for novice and experienced teachers, for those who educate future teachers, and for those who hire teachers. This book includes theoretical aspects of dispositions in education and case vignettes for discussion and reflection. Professional Teacher Dispositions provides a resource for school administrators in the professional selection of teachers, teacher educators in the selection of candidates for teacher education programs, and as a basis for developing professional development or pre-service activities in education. The authors address issues of character and passion that have a profound impact on the decision to be a teacher, the reasons for teaching and effect the day-to-day functioning of teachers in our school classrooms. Chapters address social justice and equity issues, reflection, caring, love, teaching as a calling.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475800524 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475800525 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475800531 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475800533 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475800548 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: