The impact of research in education : an international perspective
- Bristol, UK ; Chicago : Policy Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 271 p. : ill. ; 24 cm
LB2326.3 .I47 2013
- Unknown LB2326.3 .I47 2013
- Levin, Benjamin.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword ~ Andreas Schleicher-- Introduction and overview ~ Ben Levin and Jie Qi-- Knowledge mobilisation and utilisation ~ Robyn Read, Amanda Cooper, Hilary Edelstein, Jackie Sohn and Ben Levin-- Knowledge mobilisation and utilisation in the Singapore education system: the nexus between researchers, policy makers and practitioners ~ Laikwoon Teh, David Hogan and Clive Dimmock-- Knowledge mobilization in education in England ~ David Gough-- Knowledge mobilization in Australian education research ~ John Polesel-- Knowledge mobilization in Korea: linkages with economic, political and social development ~ Lynn Ilon-- Mobilising knowledge in higher education in Denmark ~ Claus Holm-- Knowledge mobilisation in education in Canada and the role of universities ~ Jie Qi and Ben Levin-- Knowledge in education in South Africa ~ Johan Muller and Ursula Hoadley-- Knowledge mobilization and education policy-making in China ~ Chengwen Hong, Leiyu Mo, Yan Meng, Yipeng Tang, Xianming Xia, Yijuan He-- The federal challenge to university-based education research in the United States: turning research into policy and practice ~ Sarah A. Mason-- Reflections on the mobilisation of education research ~ Sandra Nutley.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Research by universities plays an increasingly important role in shaping education policy around the world yet there is much dissatisfaction with the ways that they share that work. This much-needed, original book analyses efforts and systems in nine countries to mobilize research knowledge, describing the various factors that support or inhibit that work. Beginning and concluding chapters offer analytical lenses for understanding these various elements across the cases. Together, this collection from a wide range of experienced contributors, provides an unprecedented international view of the way education research is produced and shared, and provides excellent signposts for improvement for researchers and those interested in more impact from research in education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Ben Levin ... [et al.].
- 9781447306207 (hbk.)
- 1447306201 (hbk.)
- 9781447306214 (e-book)