Pharmacogenomics : methods and protocols
- Edited by Federico Inncocenti, Ron H.N. van Schaik.
- Second edition.
- New York : Humana Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 359 pages : illustrations (some colored) ; 26 cm.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) ; 1015.
- Springer protocols (Series)
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QH506 .M45 V.1015||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographic references and index.
- Pharmacogenomics : historical perspective and current status / Rosane Charlab and Lei Zhang
- Denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography for mutation detection and genotyping / Donna Lee Fackenthal ... [et al.]
- Clinical SNP detection by the smartAmp method / Toshihisa Ishikawa and Yoshihide Hayashizaki
- MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry / Dirk van den Boom, Matthias Wjst, and Robin E. Everts
- TaqMan® drug metabolism genotyping assays for the detection of human polymorphisms involved in drug metabolism / Toinette Hartshorne
- Pyrosequencing of clinically relevant polymorphisms / Cristi R. King and Sharon Marsh
- Pharmacogenetics using Luminex® xMAP® technology : a method for developing a custom multiplex single nucleotide polymorphism mutation assay / Gonnie Spierings and Sherry A. Dunbar
- Use of linkage analysis, genome-eide association studies, and next-generation sequencing in the identification of disease-causing mutations / Eric Londin ... [et al.]
- GoldenGate genotyping assay : custom design, processing, and data analysis / Anna González-Neira
- Genome-wide gene expression profiling, genotyping, and copy number analyses of acute myeloid leukemia using affymetrix geneChips. / Mathijs A. Sanders and Peter J.M. Valk
- Epigenetic techniques in pharmacogenetics / Sandra G. Heil
- Plasmid derived external quality controls for genetic testing / Tahar van der Straaten and Henk-Jan Guchelaar
- Allelic imbalance assays to quantify allele-specific gene expression and transcription factor binding / Francesca Luca and Anna Di Rienzo
- SCAN : a systems biology approach to pharmacogenomic discovery / Eric R. Gamazon, R. Stephanie Huang, and Nancy J. Cox
- Methods to examine the impact of nonsynonymous SNPs on protein degradation and function of human ABC transporter / Toshihisa Ishikawa, Kanako Wakabayashi-Nakao, and Hiroshi Nakagawa
- In vitro identification of cytochrome P450 enzymes responsible for drug metabolism / Zhengyin Yan and Gary W. Caldwell
- In vitro and in vivo mouse models for pharmacogenetic studies / Amber Frick ... [et al.]
- Hydrodynamic tail vein assay as a tool for the study of liver promoters and enhancers / Mee J. Kim and Nadav Ahituv
- Guide to the current web-based resources in pharmacogenomics / Dylan M. Glubb ... [et al.]
- PharmGKB : the pharmacogenomics knowledge base / Caroline F. Thorn, Teri E. Klein, and Russ B. Altman
- Genetic databases in pharmacogenomics : the frequency of inherited disorders database (FINDbase) / Marianthi Georgitsi and George P. Patrinos
- Development of predictive models for estimating warfarin maintenance dose based on genetic and clinical factors / Lu Yang and Mark W. Linder
- Evidence based drug dosing and pharmacotherapeutic recommendations per genotype / Vera H.M. Deneer and Ron H.N. van Schaik.
- Publisher's Summary
- Understanding an individual's genetic makeup is the key to creating personalized drugs with greater efficacy and safety, and pharmacogenomics aims to study the complex genetic basis of inter-patient variability in response to drug therapy. Based upon the success of its first edition, the second edition of Pharmacogenomics: Methods And Protocols aims to continue providing readers with high-quality content on the most innovative and commonly adopted technologies in the field of pharmacogenomics as presented by experts in the field. Broken into several sections, this detailed volume examines techniques for interrogating variation in human genes and genomes, functional assessment of genetic variation, both in vitro and in vivo, as well as tools for translation and implementation of pharmacogenetic markers. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to the respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and thoroughly updated, Pharmacogenomics: Methods And Protocols, Second Edition serves as an essential reference and an invaluable source on the latest information in this field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1015
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448
- 9781627034357 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: