Oxidative stress and nanotechnology : methods and protocols
- edited by Donald Armstrong, Dhruba J. Bharali.
- New York : Humana Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 294 pages : illustrations (some colored) ; 26 cm.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) ; v. 1028.
- Springer protocols (Series)
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QH506 .M45 V.1028||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Nanoscale biosensor for detection of reactive oxygen species / Tarl W. Prow, Daniel Sundh, and Gerard A. Lutty
- Nanoparticles : toxicity, radicals, electron transfer, and antioxidants / Peter Kovacic and Ratnasamy Somanathan
- Encapsulation of antioxidants in gastrointestinal-resistant nanoparticulate carriers / Eliana B. Souto ... [et al.]
- Toxicity of novel nanosized rormulations used in medicine / Afaf El-Ansary ... [e tal.]
- Fullerenol nanoparticles : toxicity and antioxidant activity / Rade Injac, Matevz Prijatelj, and Borut Strukelj
- Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) detection with nanoprobes for biological applications : a mini-review / Gwangseong Kim, Yong-Eun Koo Lee, and Raoul Kopelman
- Studying the oxidative stress paradigm in vitro : a theoretical and practical perspective / Martin J.D. Clift and Barbara Rothen-Rutishauser
- Evaluation of the effect of acute and subacute exposure to TiO2 nanoparticles on oxidative stress / Shichang Liu and Zhuo Yang
- Biomedical applications of nano-antioxidant / Geeta Watal ... [et al.]
- Lipid peroxidation due to in vitro and in vivo exposure of biological samples to nanoparticles / Anca Dinischiotu ... [et al.]
- Testing nanomaterial toxicity in unicellular eukaryotic algae and fish cell lines / Alexandra Kroll, Dana Kühnel, and Kristin Schirmer
- Gold nanoparticles and oxidative stress in the blue mussel, mytilus edulis / Sara Tedesco ... [et al.]
- Oxidative biomarkers to assess the nanoparticle-induced oxidative stress / Rama Narsimha Reddy Anreddy, Narsimha Reddy Yellu, and Krishna R. Devarakonda
- Vesicular antioxidants : role in age-related cerebral oxidative injury / Sibani Sarkar, Ardhendu Kumar Mandal, and Nirmalendu Das
- Methods for detection of oxidative stress and genotoxicity of engineered nanoparticles / Ashutosh Kumar, Vyom Sharma, and Alok Dhawan
- Size-dependent study of pulmonary responses to nano- sized iron and copper oxide nanoparticles / Rajiv Kumar and Dattatri K. Nagesha
- In vitro techniques to investigate the oxidative effects of quantum dots / Ridhima Juneja and Indrajit Roy
- Hybrid polymeric nanoparticles : potential candidate for ophthalmic delivery / Dhruba J. Bharali, Donald Armstrong, and Shaker A. Mousa
- Relevance of nanotechnology in modulating oxidative stress : an overview / Dhruba J. Bharali and Shaker A. Mousa.
- Publisher's Summary
- The emergence of nanotechnology has had a profound effect on almost every aspect of the 21st century's daily life. It has had a revolutionary impact from stain-resistant clothing and cosmetics to environmental issues , including energy and medicine and even aerospace engineering. In Oxidative Stress and Nanotechnology: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail various aspects of nanotechnology from the oxidative stress point of view. Focusing on synthesis of different antioxidant nanoparticles and antioxidant-loaded nanoparticles, as well as their in vitro/ in vivo mechanisms of action along with their clinical relevance. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(t) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Oxidative Stress and Nanotechnology: Methods and Protocols seeks to aid scientists in the further study of techniques for nanotechnology in pathophysiology and protection from the oxidative stress point of view.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781627034746 20160612
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1028
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448
- 9781627034753 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: