Mouse models of innate immunity : methods and protocols
QH506 .M45 V.1031
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.1031
- 1. Conventional Murine Gene Targeting Albert G. Zimmermann and Yue Sun 2. Production and Characterization of Humanized Rag2-/-gammac-/- Mice Freddy M. Sanchez, German I. Cuadra, Stanton J. Nielsen, Anne Tanner, and Bradford K. Berges 3. Isolation, Culture, and Functional Evaluation of Bone Marrow-Derived Macrophages Beckley K. Davis 4. Collecting Resident or Thioglycollate Elicited Peritoneal Macrophages Monika Schneider 5. Quantification and Visualization of Neutrophil Extracellular Traps (NETs) from Murine Bone Marrow-Derived Neutrophils Linda Vong, Philip M Sherman, and Michael Glogauer 6. Assessment of Oxidative Metabolism Emilie Imbeault and Denis Gris 7. Generation and Culture of Mouse Embryonic Fibroblasts Yu Lei 8. Primary Ear Fibroblast Derivation from Mice Chris B. Moore and Irving C. Allen 9. Bone Marrow Derived Dendritic Cells Kelly Roney 10. Measuring T Cell Function in Innate Immune Models Brianne R. Barker 11. Bioassay for the Measurement of Type-I Interferon Activity Douglas G. Widman 12. Safe and Effective Mouse Foot-Pad Inoculation Kristin M. Long and Mark Heise 13. Delayed Type Hypersensitivity Models in Mice Irving C. Allen 14. Mouse Model of Staphylococcus aureus Skin Infection Natalia Malachowa, Scott D. Kobayashi, Kevin R. Braughton, and Frank R. DeLeo 15. Sepsis Induced by Cecal Ligation and Puncture Haitao Wen 16. Systemic Infection of Mice with Listeria monocytogenes to Characterize Host Immune Responses Nancy Wang, Richard A. Strugnell, Odilia L. Wijburg, and Thomas C. Brodnicki 17. Mouse Model of Invasive Fungal Infection Donna M. MacCallum 18. Endotoxin-Induced Uveitis in Rodents Umesh C.S. Yadav and Kota V. Ramana 19. Bacteria-Mediated Acute Lung Inflammation Irving C. Allen 20. Intranasal Influenza Infection of Mice and Methods to Evaluate Progression and Outcome Catherine J. Sanders, Brian Johnson, Charles W. Frevert, and Paul G. Thomas 21. Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Murine Inflammatory Colitis Model Monika Schneider 22. Bacterial-Mediated Gastrointestinal Inflammation Joshua Uronis and Xiaolun Sun 23. Plasmodium berghei ANKA (PbA) Infection of C57BL/6J Mice: A Model of Severe Malaria Marcela Montes de Oca and Ashraful Haque 24. Characterization of HIV-1 Infection in the Humanized Rag2-/-gammac-/- Mouse Model Freddy M. Sanchez and Bradford K. Berges.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The innate immune system represents a critical arm of the immune response by providing immediate and robust host defense; however, human studies of its function are often limited by ethical, logistical, and technical obstacles. In Mouse Models of Innate Immunity: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field explore the design and execution of experiments used to thoroughly evaluate critical elements associated with the host innate immune response. The volume opens with methods that are essential for collecting and assessing various primary cells that are highly relevant to innate immunity, and it continues with in vivo protocols commonly used to evaluate the innate immune response in the mouse, including mouse models of respiratory infection, gastrointestinal inflammation, fungal and parasitic diseases, sepsis, and HIV-1 infection. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easy to use, Mouse Models of Innate Immunity: Methods and Protocols will serve the research community by providing expert advice and protocols that allow both experienced and novice investigators to successfully plan, implement, and assess disease processes associated with the innate immune response.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Irving C. Allen.
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1031
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448
- 978627034814 (eBook)