Functional analysis : fundamentals and applications
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA320 .W5713 2013||Unknown|
- Willem, Michel, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 205-207) and indexes.
- Preface.- The Integral.- Norm.- Lebesgue Spaces.- Duality.- Sobolev Spaces.- Capacity.- Elliptic Problems.- Appendix.- Epilogue.- References.- Index of Notations.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781461470038 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- The goal of this work is to present the principles of functional analysis in a clear and concise way. The first three chapters of Functional Analysis: Fundamentals and Applications describe the general notions of distance, integral and norm, as well as their relations. The three chapters that follow deal with fundamental examples: Lebesgue spaces, dual spaces and Sobolev spaces. Two subsequent chapters develop applications to capacity theory and elliptic problems. In particular, the isoperimetric inequality and the Polya-Szego and Faber-Krahn inequalities are proved by purely functional methods. The epilogue contains a sketch of the history of functional analysis, in relation with integration and differentiation. Starting from elementary analysis and introducing relevant recent research, this work is an excellent resource for students in mathematics and applied mathematics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781461470038 20160612
- Publication date
- Cornerstones, 2197-182X
- Related Work
- Translation of Willem, Michel. Principes d'analyse Fonctionnelle.
- 9781461470038 (hbk.)
- 146147003X (hbk.)
- 9781461470045 (electronic bk.)
- 1461470048 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: