Cellular cardiomyoplasty : methods and protocols
QH506 .M45 V.1036
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.1036
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Cellular cardiomyoplasty : its past, present, and future / Elizabeth K. Lamb, Grace W. Kao, and Race L. Kao
- Skeletal muscle stem cells / Grace W. Kao, Elizabeth K. Lamb, and Race L. Kao
- Bone marrow stem cells / Minh Ngoc Duong, Yu-Ting Ma, and Ray C.J. Chiu
- Adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells : isolation, expansion and characterization / Miriam Araña [and 4 others]
- Cardiac side population cells and Sca-1-positive cells / Toshio Nagai, Katsuhisa Matsuura, and Issei Komuro
- Two-step protocol for isolation and culture of cardiospheres / Lijuan Chen [and 5 others]
- Generation of human iPSCs from human peripheral blood mononuclear cells using non-integrative sendai virus in chemically defined conditions / Jared M. Churko, Paul W. Burridge, and Joseph C. Wu
- Identification of stem cells after transplantation / Yingjie Wang [and 5 others]
- Methods to study the proliferation and differentiation of cardiac side population (CSP) cells / Konstantina-Ioanna Sereti [and 3 others]
- Immune responses after mesenchymal stem cell implantation / Rony Atoui and Ray C.J. Chiu
- Route of delivery, cell retention, and efficiency of polymeric microcapsules in cellular cardiomyoplasty / Alice Le Huu [and 3 others]
- Angiogenic nanodelivery systems for myocardial therapy / Arghya Paul, Dominique Shum-Tim, and Satya Prakash
- Bio-hybrid tissue engineering for cellular cardiomyoplasty : future directions / Juan Carlos Chachques
- Decellularized whole heart for bioartificial heart / Hug Aubin [and 4 others]
- Clinical trials of cardiac repair with adult bone marrow-derived cells / Vinodh Jeevanantham [and 3 others]
- Clinical study using adipose-derived mesenchymal-like stem cells in acute myocardial infarction and heart failure / Ilia Alexander Panfilov [and 3 others].
- Publisher's Summary
- Embryonic stem cells and adult stem cells are the two major types of stem cells that have been used for experimental and clinical studies. Embryonic stem cells are totipotent cells that have the capability to differentiate into any type of cell in the body. In Cellular Cardiomyoplasty: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail many of the methods which are now commonly used to study cellular cardiomyoplasty. Methods and techniques described in this volume use only adult stem cells or adult progenitor cells.Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and Practical, Cellular Cardiomyoplasty: Methods and Protocols will benefit the cardiologist, cardiothoracic surgeons, biologist (cell, molecular, or structural), biochemist, and physiologist who are interested in understanding and treating damaged myocardium and failing heart.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Race L. Kao.
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1036
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448
- 9781627035118 (eBook)