Boxers & saints : boxed set
- Gene Luen Yang ; color by Lark Pien.
- First edition.
- New York : First Second, 2013.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : chiefly ill. ; 22 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PN6727 .Y36 B68 2013 V.1||Unknown|
|PN6727 .Y36 B68 2013 V.2||Unknown|
Library has: v.1-
- [v. 1] Boxers
- [v. 2] Saints.
- Publisher's Summary
- From American Born Chinese author Gene Luen Yang: an innovative look at China's Boxer Rebellion told from two points of view, in two companion volumes. China, 1898. Bands of foreign missionaries and soldiers roam the countryside, bullying and robbing Chinese peasants. Little Bao has had enough. Harnessing the powers of ancient Chinese gods, he recruits an army of Boxers - commoners trained in kung fu who fight to free China from "foreign devils." But nothing is simple. Little Bao is fighting for the glory of China, but at what cost? So many are dying, including thousands of Chinese citizens who have converted to Christianity.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- China > History > Boxer Rebellion, 1899-1901 > Comic books, strips, etc.
- Christians > China > Comic books, strips, etc.
- Persecution > China > Comic books, strips, etc.
- Comic books, strips, etc. > United States.
- Women > China > Fiction.
- Christians > China > Fiction.
- Persecution > China > Fiction.
- China > History > Boxer Rebellion, 1899-1901 > Fiction.
- Women > China > Cartoons and comics.
- Christians > China > Cartoons and comics.
- Persecution > China > Cartoons and comics.
- China > History > Boxer Rebellion, 1899-1901 > Cartoons and comics.
- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Publication date
- Included Work
- 9781596439245 (Set)
- 9781596433595 (Boxers v.1)
- 9781596436893 (Saints v.2)
- 1480615102 (Paw Prints bdg.)
- 9781480615106 (Paw Prints bdg.)
- 1480615110 (Paw Prints bdg.)
- 9781480615113 (Paw Prints bdg.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: