Proposals that work : a guide for planning dissertations and grant proposals
- Locke, Lawrence F.
- Sixth edition.
- Thousand Oaks, California : SAGE, c2014.
- Physical description
- xx, 383 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 365-372) and index.
- Part I. Writing the Proposal Chapter 1. The Function of the Proposal Chapter 2. Doing the Right Thing: "The Habit of Truth" Chapter 3. Developing the Thesis or Dissertation Proposal: Some Common Problems Chapter 4. Content of the Proposal: Important Considerations Chapter 5. Preparation of Proposals for Qualitative Research: Different Assumptions Chapter 6. Proposals for Mixed Methods Research Chapter 7. Style and Form in Writing the Proposal Chapter 8. The Oral Presentation Part II. Money for Research Chapter 9. Money for Research: How to Ask for Help Chapter 10. Preparation of the Grant Proposal Part III. Specimen Proposals Proposal 1. Experimental Study Proposal 2. Qualitative Study Proposal 3. Online Electronic Survey Study Proposal 4. Funded Grant.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Previous editions of this book have helped well over 100,000 students and professionals write effective proposals for dissertations and grants. Covering all aspects of the proposal process, from the most basic questions about form and style to the task of seeking funding, Proposals That Work offers clear advice backed up with excellent examples. Inathe fifth edition, the authors haveaincluded a discussion of the effects of new technologies and the Internet on the proposal process, with URLs listed where appropriate. In addition, there are new sections covering alternative forms of proposals and dissertations and the role of academic rigor in research. As always, the authors have included a number of specimen proposals, two that are completely new to this edition, to help shed light on the important issues surrounding the writing of proposals. Clear, straightforward, and reader friendly, Proposals That Work is a must own for anyone considering writing a proposal for a thesis, a dissertation, or a grant.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Lawrence F. Locke, Waneen Wyrick Spirduso, Stephen J. Silverman.
- 9781452216850 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1452216851 (pbk. : alk. paper)