Inquiry into life
- Mader, Sylvia S.
- Fourteenth edition.
- New York, NY : McGraw-Hill, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : color illustrations ; 29 cm
QH308.2 .M363 2014
- Unknown QH308.2 .M363 2014
- Chapter 1 The Study of Life Unit 1 Cell Biology Chapter 2 The Molecules of Cells Chapter 3 Cell Structure and Function Chapter 4 Membrane Structure and Function Chapter 5 Cell Division Chapter 6 Metabolism: Energy and Enzymes Chapter 7 Cellular Respiration Unit 2 Plant Biology Chapter 8 Photosynthesis Chapter 9 Plant Organization and Function Chapter 10 Plant Reproduction and Responses Unit 3 Maintenance of the Human Body Chapter 11 Human Organization Chapter 12 Cardiovascular System Chapter 13 Lymphatic and Immune Systems Chapter 14 Digestive System and Nutrition Chapter 15 Respiratory System Chapter 16 Urinary System and Excretion Unit 4 Integration and Control of the Human Body Chapter 17 Nervous System Chapter 18 Senses Chapter 19 Musculoskeletal System Chapter 20 Endocrine System Unit 5 Continuance of the Species Chapter 21 Reproductive System Chapter 22 Development and Aging Chapter 23 Patterns of Gene Inheritance Chapter 24 Chromosomal Inheritance and Genetic Disorders Chapter 25 DNA Structure and Control of Gene Expression Chapter 26 Biotechnology and Genomics Unit 6 Evolution and Diversity Chapter 27 Evolution of Life Chapter 28 Viruses, Bacteria, and Archaea Chapter 29 Protistans Chapter 30 Plants Chapter 31 Animals: Part I Chapter 32 Animals: Part II Unit 7 Behavior and Ecology Chapter 33 Animal Behavior Chapter 34 Population Ecology Chapter 35 Nature of Ecosystems Chapter 36 The Biosphere Chapter 37 Environmental Concerns.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Basic biological concepts and processes with a human emphasis. From the unique delivery of biology content, to the time tested art program, to the complete integration of the text with technology, Dr. Sylvia Mader has formed a teaching system that will both motivate and enable your students to understand and appreciate the wonders of all areas of biology. Inquiry into Life, 14/e emphasizes the application of all areas of biology to knowledge of human concerns, what the students are able to relate to. This distinctive text was developed to stand apart from all other non-majors texts with a unique approach, unparalleled art, and a straightforward, succinct writing style that has been acclaimed by both users and reviewers. In the 14th edition, the authors have focused on the concept of inquiry and a student's inherent desire to learn. To do this, they integrated a tested, traditional learning system with modern digital and pedagogical approaches designed to stimulate and engage today's student.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Sylvia S. Mader, Michael Windelspecht, Appalachian State University ; with contributions by David Cox, Lincoln Land Community College, Jeffrey Isaacson, Nebraska Wesleyan University.
- Revised edition of: Inquiry into life. Thirteenth edition. 2011.
- Includes index.
- 9780073525525 (hard copy : alk. paper)
- 0073525529 (hard copy : alk. paper)