Analytical chemistry for technicians
- John Kenkel.
- Fourth edition.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, .
- Physical description
- xxix, 507 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD75.22 .K445 2014||Unknown|
- Kenkel, John.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction to Analytical Science Sampling and Sample Preparation Gravimetric Analysis Introduction to Titrimetric Analysis Applications of Titrimetric Analysis Introduction to Instrumental Analysis Introduction to Spectrochemical Methods UV-Vis and IR Molecular Spectrometry Atomic Spectroscopy Introduction to Chromatography Gas Chromatography High-Performance Liquid Chromatography and Electrophoresis Mass Spectrometry Electroanalytical Methods Miscellaneous Instrumental Techniques Appendix 1: Formulas for Solution Concentration and Preparation Calculations Appendix 2: The Language of Quality Assurance and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Laws: A Glossary Appendix 3: Significant Figure Rules Appendix 4: Answers to Questions and Problems Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439881057 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Written as a training manual for chemistry-based laboratory technicians, this thoroughly updated fourth edition of the bestselling Analytical Chemistry for Technicians emphasizes the applied aspects rather than the theoretical ones. The book begins with classical quantitative analysis and follows with a practical approach to the complex world of sophisticated electronic instrumentation commonly used in real-world laboratories. Providing a foundation for the two key qualities-the analytical mindset and a basic understanding of the analytical instrumentation-this book helps prepare individuals for success on the job. Chapters cover sample preparation; gravimetric analysis; titrimetric analysis; instrumental analysis; spectrochemical methods, such as atomic spectroscopy and UV-Vis and IR molecular spectrometry; chromatographic techniques, including gas chromatography and high-performance liquid chromatography; electroanalytical methods; and more. Incorporating an additional ten years of teaching experience since the publication of the third edition, the author has made significant updates and enhancements to the fourth edition. * More than 150 new photographs and either new or reworked drawings spanning every chapter to assist the visual learner * A new chapter on mass spectrometry, covering GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-MS-MS, and ICP-MS * Thirteen new laboratory experiments * An introductory section before chapter 1 to give students a preview of general laboratory considerations, safety, laboratory notebooks, and instrumental analysis * Additional end-of-chapter problems, expanded "report"-type questions, and inclusion of relevant section headings in the Questions and Problems sections * Application Notes in each chapter * An appendix providing a glossary of quality assurance and good laboratory practice (GLP) terms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439881057 20160612
- Chemistry, Analytic.
- Publication date
- 9781439881057 (hardback)
- 1439881057 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: