Uncovering student thinking about mathematics in the common core, grades K-2 : 20 formative assessment probes
- Tobey, Cheryl Rose.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, 
- Physical description
- xii, 225 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
QA135.6 .T59 2013
- Unknown QA135.6 .T59 2013
- Fagan, Emily R.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 213-216) and index.
- Preface: Mathematics Assessment Probes Acknowledgments About the Authors Chapter 1. Mathematics Assessment Probes Chapter 2. Counting and Cardinality Probes Chapter 3. Number and Operations in Base Ten Probes Chapter 4. Operations and Algebraic Thinking Probes Chapter 5. Measurement and Data Probes Chapter 6. Geometry Probes Chapter 7. Additional Considerations Appendix A. Information on the Standards for Mathematical Practice Appendix B. Developing Assessment Probes Appendix C. Action Research Reflection Template: QUEST Cycle References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Get to the core of your students' understanding of math Your wait is over: finally, easy-to-implement diagnostic tools to help you quickly and reliably identify your students' understanding of Common Core math concepts, then determine next steps to accelerate instruction. Completely aligned with the Common Core mathematics standards, Cheryl Tobey and Emily Fagan's 20 formative assessment probes will enable you to: - Determine each child's prior knowledge of basic math and numeracy - Identify common student misconceptions before they become long-term problems - Make sound instructional decisions, targeted at specific concepts and responsive to specific needs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Cheryl Rose Tobey, Emily R. Fagan.
- Title Variation
- Twenty formative assessment probes
- 9781452230030 (pbk.)
- 145223003X (pbk.)