Developing digital literacies : a framework for professional learning
- Dustin C. Summey.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xix, 172 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1731 .S933 2013||Unknown|
- Summey, Dustin C.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword, by Patrick Larkin Preface Acknowledgments About the Author 1. New Literacies in a Digital World Literacy Defining Digital Literacies Standards The Digital Literacies Emergent Literacies Computer Literacy Cultural Literacy Game Literacy Media Literacy Multimedia Literacy Network Literacy Social Literacy Visual Literacy Web Literacy Multiliteracies Information Literacy New Literacies Digital Literacy Commonalities among Emergent Literacies The Five Digital Literacies Locating and Filtering Sharing and Collaborating Organizing and Curating Creating and Generating Reusing and Repurposing Memes Digital Literacies in the Context of Teaching and Learning Questions for Reflection and Discussion 2. Professional Development That (Really) Works Standards Part One: Characteristics of Effective Professional Development Job-Embedded Well-Planned Differentiated Cohesive and Ongoing Common Problems and Pitfalls Technical Issues Logical Issues Affective Issues A Concise, Step-Wise Approach Planning Marketing Implementation Follow-Up Part Two: Professional Development Models, Formats, and Approaches Conferences Virtual Conferences Seminars Workshops Presentations Professional Learning Communities Peer Mentoring Self-Directed Activities Creative Approaches to In-House Professional Development Summer Academy Mini-Conference Unconference After-School Cohorts Lunch-n-Learn / Prep-Period Tune-Ups Webinars Online/On-Demand ("On-Your-Own") Podcasts Learning Bursts Teachlets Hosting Content Mobile Learning ("On-the-Go") Conclusion Questions for Reflection and Discussion 3. A Framework for Program Development and Implementation Needs Assessment Creating the Survey Timing Is Key Delivery Method A Modular Approach Faculty Seminars Professional Learning Communities Experimenting: Play Is Okay Collective Knowledge Reflecting Pursuing Results Peer Mentoring Assessment Self-Study Personal Learning Networks Individual Classroom Integration Individual Consultations & Training and Support Resources Program Timeline Program Evaluation Session Evaluations Midpoint and End-of-Year Surveys PLC Share-Out Days Building on the Best Emerging Leaders Questions for Reflection and Discussion Chapter 4 Teacher Leaders and Support Structures Layers of Support Administrative Support and Resources Program Coordinator Planning Large-Group Training Train the Trainer Participant Leaders Support Site Individualized Support Looking for Leaders Opinion Leaders The Three L's of Leadership 80/20 Principles Developing a Personal Learning Network (PLN) Questions for Reflection and Discussion Chapter 5 Promoting Buy-In and Active Participation Making the Positive Pitch Common Challenges Time and Scheduling Apathy and Burnout Poor Quality and Lack of Substance Marketing Your Program Creating a Brand for Your Program Advertising Publicity Public Relations Making the Sale The Importance of Relationships Leveraging Intrinsic Motivation Breaking Down Barriers Incentivizing Teacher Participation How to Tank a Teaser Door Prizes Instructional Materials Release Time Salary Schedule Advancement Mini-Grants Presenter Compensation Making the Connection to the Classroom Questions for Reflection and Discussion Chapter 6 Long-Term Planning: Ensuring a Lasting Impact An Embedded Approach Resources and Support Professional Growth Plans Accountability Faculty Turnover, Base Training, and Recalibration Personal Learning Networks The Plan Tracks and Strands Recognition Programs Developing a Digital Literacies Action Plan Questions for Reflection and Discussion Chapter 7 The Tools of Technology Locating and Filtering What Is It? Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) Related Tools Examples in Teaching and Learning Sharing and Collaborating What Is It? Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) Related Tools Examples in Teaching and Learning Organizing and Curating What Is It? Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) Related Tools Examples in Teaching and Learning Creating and Generating What Is It? Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) Related Tools Examples in Teaching and Learning Reusing and Repurposing What Is It? Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) Examples in Teaching and Learning Related Tools Mobile Learning Digital Literacies Integration Plan References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452255521 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This job-embedded professional development program turns teachers into tech-savvy digital citizens, with a modular framework, tips on using PLNs, technology-related supports, and a companion website.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452255521 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
Browse related items
Start at call number: