An introduction to health policy : a primer for physicians and medical students
- Manish K. Sethi, William H. Frist, editors.
- New York, NY : Springer, 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiii, 259 p.) : ill. (some col.)
- Includes bibliograhical references and index.
- The History of Healthcare in the United States Pre-1965
- Medicare and Its Evolution to 2011
- Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program
- Breaking Down Health Care Insurance from HMO to PPO and Beyond
- Understanding Quality and Cost from a Health Policy Perspective
- Prevention and U.S. Healthcare
- The Rise of Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Health Information Technology: Clinical and Policy Context
- Prescription Drug and Pharmaceuticals Policy
- Health Disparities
- The Economics of Healthcare
- The American Healthcare System: Understanding How the Pieces Come Together
- Alternative Systems of Care and Consumer-Driven Healthcare
- National Healthcare Systems: A Worldview
- Reimbursement: Understanding How We Pay For Healthcare
- How Healthcare Policy Is Made in Washington: Understanding the Players and the Game
- Government and State Agencies: Who Administrates Healthcare on Federal and State Levels?
- The 2006 Massachusetts Health Care Reform
- The 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: What Is It and How Will It Change Healthcare?.
- Publication date
- 9781461477358 (electronic bk.)
- 1461477352 (electronic bk.)