Islam and international law : engaging self-centrism from a plurality of perspectives
- edited by Marie-Luisa Frick, Andreas Th. Müller.
- Leiden : Brill, 2013.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xx, 468 pages ; 25 cm.
- Brill's Arab and Islamic law series
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Introducing an Intricate Relationship, Marie-Luisa Frick & Andreas Th. Muller
- 2. Islam and International Law, Awn S. Al-Khasawneh I. THE USE OF FORCE: CONTESTED VIEWS ON THE JUS AD BELLUM AND THE JUS IN BELLO IN ISLAMIC INTERNATIONAL LAW
- 3. The Siyar Laws of Aggression: Juridical Re-interpretations of Qur'anic Jihad and Their Contemporary Implications for International Law, Asma Afsaruddin
- 4. Meaning and Method of the Interpretation of Sunnah in the Field of Siyar: A Reappraisal, Mohd Hisham Mohd Kamal
- 5. Apostasy as a Matter of Islamic International Law, Necmettin Kizilkaya
- 6. Suicide Attacks: Martyrdom Operations or Acts of Perfidy?, Muhammad Munir II. FOSTERING PEACE IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS NOW AND THEN: DIPLOMACY AND RULE OF LAW AS A GENUINE CONTRIBUTION OF ISLAMIC INTERNATIONAL LAW?
- 7. Islamic Diplomacy: Views of the Classical Jurists, Labeeb Ahmed Bsoul
- 8. Al-Shaybani and Aman: Treatment of Foreigners in the Classical Islamic State with Special Focus on Diplomatic Envoys, Khaled Ramadan Bashir
- 9. The Ottoman Empire and the Institutionalization of European Diplomacy, 1500-1700, Harriet Rudolph
- 10. Promoting the Rule of Law: UN, OIC and ILA Initiatives Approaching Islamic Law, Irmgard Marboe III. ISLAM AND THE INDIVIDUAL: CHALLENGES OF AND TO ISLAMIC INTERNATIONAL LAW IN CONTEMPORARY HUMAN RIGHTS DISCOURSES
- 11. New Muslim Perspectives in the Human Rights Debate, Abdulmumini A. Oba
- 12. The Shari'ah, International Human Rights Law and the Right to Hold Opinions and Free Expression: After Bilour's Fatwa, Javaid Rehman
- 13. Religious Considerations in International Legal Discourse - The Example of Religious Defamation, Lorenz Langer
- 14. Muslim States and the Implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child: With Special Reference to Malaysia, Abdul Ghafur Hamid @ Khin Maung Sein
- 15. Islamic Law and International Protection of Minority Rights in Context, Mashood A. Baderin IV. INTERNATIONAL CRIMES AS A COMMON CONCERN OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY: BRIDGING DIVIDES OR PROVOKING CLASHES?
- 16. Islamic Law and International Criminal Law, Markus P. Beham
- 17. Islamic Criminal Procedure and the Principle of Complementarity of the International Criminal Court, Matthias Cernusca V. ISLAMIC IDENTITY AND WORLD ORDER: RECONSIDERING ISLAMIC INTERNATIONAL LAW IN LIGHT OF THE REALITIES OF A GLOBALIZING WORLD
- 18. Islam and Islamic Law in Contemporary International Relations, Maurits S. Berger
- 19. Islamic Views of Global Order and their Impact on International Law , Gregor Novak
- 20. Islam and the Future of the International Community, Muddathir 'Abd al-Rahim.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Islam and International Law explores the multi-faceted relationship of Islam and international law. Current debates on Sharia, Islam and the West often suffer from prejudice and platitudes. The book seeks to engage such self-centrism by providing a plurality of perspectives, both in terms of interdisciplinary research and geographic backgrounds.".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9789004233355 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9004233350 (hardback : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: