From discipline to culturally responsive engagement : 45 classroom management strategies
- Laura E. Pinto.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, 
- Physical description
- xxi, 206 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .P485 2013||Unknown|
- Pinto, Laura E.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -199) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Author PART 1: Foundations of Classroom Management and Culturally Responsive Practice 1. Revising Classroom Management With Fresh Eyes 2. Cultural Responsiveness as Key to Classroom Management 3. The Classroom Management Spectrum PART 2: 45 Practical Strategies for Classroom Management 4. Comfortable Learning Cribs: The Physical Environment and Routines 5. Here's the Deal...Laying Out Expectations and Rules 6. Excuse Me? Strategies for Immediate Actions in Response to Students 7. Let's See What You've Been Up To: Tracking Student Behavior 8. Pay It Forward: Rewards Systems in Your Classroom 9. Welcome Mom and Dad: Enhancing Parent-Teacher Collaboration and Communication 10. What's the Buzz? Student-Teacher and Class-Teacher Communication 11. Everybody In! Strategies for Group Communication and Engaged Learning PART 3: Professional Learning Communities 12. Professional Learning Community Guide to Culturally Responsive Classroom Management References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452285214 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- One of the biggest challenges teachers face is managing their classrooms on a day-to-day basis, and in the eyes of the general public, classroom management ranks as one of the most serious educational problems. NQTs consistently identify it as their most pressing concern during their early teaching years. Laura Pinto's From Discipline to Culturally Responsive Engagement: 45 Classroom Management Strategies to Support the Common Core provides a strategic plan to address this problem in an engaging and easy-to-implement way. Starting off with explanatinos on the foundations of classroom management and discussing the need for culturally responsive practice in classroom settings that are increasingly diverse. She then guides teachers through the self-reflective process of creating their own classroom management style and provides them with a wealth of practical classroom management strategies for immediate use in the classroom. From considering the physical environment and routines, to managing expectations and rules, to tracking student behavior and establishing parent-teacher collaboration, the strategies provided touch on a range of key issues in classroom management and explain how critical these issues are for meeting the Common Core standards and ensuring success for all students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452285214 20160612
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Forty-five classroom management strategies
- 9781452285214 (pbk.)
- 1452285217 (pbk.)
- 9781452285177 (web pdf)
- 1452285179 (web pdf)
- 9781452285207 (epub)
- 9781452285191 (vst picturebook)
- 1452285195 (vst picturebook)
- 9781452285184 (vst xml)
- 1452285187 (vst xml)
- 9781452285160 (xml-tei)
- 1452285160 (xml-tei)
Browse related items
Start at call number: