On some aspects of oscillation theory and geometry
- Bruno Bianchini, Luciano Mari, Marco Rigoli.
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Physical description
- v, 195 pages ; 26 cm.
- Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society ; no. 1056.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|Shelved by Series title NO.1056||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 187-195) and index.
- Introduction The geometric setting Some geometric examples related to oscillation theory On the solutions of the ODE $(vz')' Avz=0$ Below the critical curve Exceeding the critical curve Much above the critical curve Bibliography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821887998 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- The aim of this paper is to analyse some of the relationships between oscillation theory for linear ordinary differential equations on the real line (shortly, ODE) and the geometry of complete Riemannian manifolds. With this motivation the authors prove some new results in both directions, ranging from oscillation and nonoscillation conditions for ODE's that improve on classical criteria, to estimates in the spectral theory of some geometric differential operator on Riemannian manifolds with related topological and geometric applications. To keep their investigation basically self-contained, the authors also collect some, more or less known, material which often appears in the literature in various forms and for which they give, in some instances, new proofs according to their specific point of view.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821887998 20160612
- Publication date
- Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, 0065-9266 ; number 1056
- "September 2013, volume 225, number 1056 (first of 4 numbers)."
- 9780821887998 (alk. paper)
- 0821887998 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: