Digging deeper into action research : a teacher inquirer's field guide
- Nancy Fichtman Dana ; foreword by Marilyn Cochran-Smith.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, 
- Physical description
- xxiv, 94 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm + 1 DVD
Education Library (Cubberley)
- Library has: 1 v. + 1 DVD
LB1028.24 .D34 2013
- Dana, Nancy Fichtman, 1964-
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 87-89) and index.
- List of Figures Foreword by Marilyn Cochran-Smith Preface Acknowledgments Introduction to the Inspire to Inquire DVD About the Author How to Use the Inquiry Books 1. Why Do Teacher Research Anyway? Teacher Research Defined How to Define Your Research Why It's Important: The 5 Es 2. Developing and Fine-Tuning Your Wondering Wondering Defined How to Define Your Wondering The Wondering Litmus Test 3. Developing and Fine-Tuning Your Research Plan Research Plan Defined How to Define Your Research Plan The Inquiry Plan Litmus Test 4. Analyzing Your Data Data Analysis Defined How to Avoid Data Analysis Paralysis The Data Analysis Litmus Test 5. Presenting Your Research Presentation Defined How to Define Your Presentation The Presentation Litmus Test 6. On Your Way: Teacher Research as a Way of Being in the World Inquiry Stance Defined How to Define Your Stance Living the Life of an Inquirer References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Take your great idea to the next level with action research How-and when-can we find time to conduct meaningful action research? Great ideas and thought-provoking questions can only blossom through methodical inquiry. Nancy Fichtman Dana steps in as your action-research coach and leads you on a journey through wonderings to real change in your classroom. From framing your question to presenting your research, this guide will encourage, challenge, and ultimately lead you through the action research process. Teachers, students, and action-research coaches alike will learn how to: Reframe initial wonderings into pointed inquiries Creatively analyze both qualitative and quantitative data Draw action-research topics out of ordinary discussions with colleagues Share findings with others to help them improve as well With real-life vignettes, self-guided worksheets, and an included DVD, Digging Deeper into Action Research is your go-to guide each time you embark on a new journey toward professional growth.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781452241951 (alk. paper)
- 1452241953 (alk. paper)