Recent trends in nonlinear partial differential equations : workshop in honor of Patrizia Pucci's 60th birthday : nonlinear partial differential equations, May 28-June 1, 2012, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
- James B. Serrin, Enzo L. Mitidieri, Vicentiu D. Radulescu, editors.
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 2 volumes ; 26 cm.
- Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) v.594.
- Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) v.595.
Math & Statistics Library
Library has: 1-
|QA372 .W82 2012 V.1||Unknown|
|QA372 .W82 2012 V.2||Unknown|
- Workshop on nonlinear partial differential equations (2012 : Perugia, Italy)
- Pucci, Patrizia honouree.
- Serrin, J. (James), 1926-2012, editor of compilation.
- Mitidieri, Enzo editor of compilation.
- Rădulescu, Vicenţiu D., 1958- editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- A tribute to Patrizia Pucci by J. Mawhin A scientific profile of Patrizia Pucci by G. Vinti The Liouville theorem for homogeneous elliptic differential inequalities by J. Serrin Multiplicity results for porous media and fast diffusion equations with a quadratic gradient term by B. Abdellaoui, I. Peral, and M. Walias A priori estimates for solutions of $p$-Kirchhoff systems under dynamic boundary conditions by G. Autuori Higher order linear parabolic equations by G. Barbatis and F. Gazzola Sources of nonlinearity in the kinetic theory for active particles with focus on the formation of political opinions by N. Bellomo and V. Coscia Yamabe type equations with sign-changing nonlinearities on the Heisenberg group, and the role of Green functions by B. Bianchini, L. Mari, and M. Rigoli Asymptotic behavior of the solution to variational inequalities with joint constraints on its value and its gradient by M. Chipot and K. Yeressian Existence and uniqueness of solutions to a Cauchy problem modeling the dynamics of socio-political conflicts by F. Colasuono and M. C. Salvatori Regularity points of ACL-homeomorphisms in the plane by F. Farroni, R. Giova, and C. Sbordone Energy estimates and integral Harnack inequality for some doubly nonlinear singular parabolic equations by S. Fornaro, M. Sosio, and V. Vespri Initial value problems for diffusion equations with singular potential by K. T. Gkikas and L. Veron On a class of fully nonlinear PDEs from complex geometry by E. Lanconelli and A. Montanari Concentration of conformal volume, improved Moser-Trudinger inequalities and Toda systems by A. Malchiodi Periodic solutions of Lagrangian difference systems: Periodic nonlinearities (almost) don't matter by J. Mawhin A limit problem for degenerate quasilinear variational inequalities in cylinders by D. Mugnai Strong solutions for the wave equation with a kinetic boundary condition by E. Vitillaro.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821887363 20160612
- On degree theory for quasilinear elliptic equations with natural growth conditions by S. Almi and M. Degiovanni Radial solutions for a Gelfand type quasilinear elliptic problem with quadratic gradient terms by D. Arcoya, J. Carmona, and P. J. Martinez-Aparicio Remarks on some quasilinear equations with gradient terms and measure data by M.-F. Bidaut-Veron, M. Garcia-Huidobro, and L. Veron The effect of a linear term in some nonlinear elliptic equations with singular data by L. Boccardo Quantitative bounds for subcritical semilinear elliptic equations by M. Bonforte, G. Grillo, and J. L. Vazquezo Sub and supersolutions, invaraint cones and multiplicity results for $p$-Laplace equations by M.-M. Boureanu, B. Noris, and S. Terracini A Moser type inequality in Zygmund spaces without boundary conditions by D. Cassani, B. Ruf, and C. Tarsi Existence results for some systems of coupled fractional nonlinear Schrodinger equations by E. Colorado Ground states for pseudo-relativistic equations with combined power and Hartree-type nonlinearities by V. C. Zelati and M. Nolasco Local boundedness of solutions to some anisotropic elliptic systems by G. Cupini, P. Marcellini, and E. Mascolo A symmetry result for semilinear cooperative elliptic systems by L. Damascelli, F. Gladiali, and F. Pacella An application of Kato's inequality to quasilinear elliptic problems by L. D'Ambrosio and E. Mitidieri Multiplicity results for constrained Neumann problems by F. Faraci, A. Iannizzotto, and C. Varga On the classification of entire local minimizers of the Ginzburg-Landau equation by A. Farina A Liouville result on a half space by R. Filippucci Singular elliptic systems of Lane-Emden type by M. Ghergu Uniform estimates for polyharmonic Green functions in domains with small holes by H.-C. Grunau and F. Robert Variational problems on the sphere by G. Molica Bisci Semilinear Neumann problems with indefinite and unbounded potential and crossing nonlinearity by N. S. Papageorgiou and V. Radulescu Infinitely many solutions for fractional Laplace equations with subcritical nonlinearity by R. Servadei.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821898611 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is the second of two volumes that contain the proceedings of the Workshop on Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, held from May 28-June 1, 2012, at the University of Perugia, Italy in honor of Patrizia Pucci's 60th birthday. The workshop brought together leading experts and researchers in nonlinear partial differential equations to promote research and to stimulate interactions among the participants. The workshop programme testified to the wide ranging influence of Patrizia Pucci on the field of nonlinear analysis and partial differential equations. In her own work, Patrizia Pucci has been a seminal influence in many important areas: the maximum principle, qualitative analysis of solutions to many classes of nonlinear PDEs (Kirchhoff problems, polyharmonic systems), mountain pass theorem in the critical case, critical exponents, variational identities, as well as various degenerate or singular phenomena in mathematical physics. This same breadth is reflected in the mathematical papers included in this volume. The companion volume ( Contemporary Mathematics, Volume 594 ) is devoted to evolution problems in nonlinear partial differential equations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780821898611 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Contemporary mathematics ; volume 594-595
- 9780821887363 (alk. paper) (v. 1)
- 082188736X (alk. paper)
- 9780821898611 (alk. paper) (v. 2)
- 0821898612 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: