Algebraic and geometric aspects of integrable systems and random matrices : AMS Special Session, Algebraic and Geometric Aspects of Integrable Systems and Random Matrices, January 6-7, 2012, Boston, MA
- AMS Special Session, Algebraic and Geometric Aspects of Integrable Systems and Random Matrices (2012 : Boston, Mass.)
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Physical description
- xii, 345 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) v. 593.
QA372 .A47 2012
- Unknown QA372 .A47 2012
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Nonlinear PDEs for Fredholm determinants arising from string equations by M. Adler, M. Cafasso, and P. van Moerbeke The semiclassical modified nonlinear Schrodinger equation II: Asymptotic analysis of the Cauchy problem. The elliptic region for transsonic initial data by J. C. DiFranco and P. D. Miller Peakon-antipeakon interactions in the Degasperis-Procesi equation by J. Szmigielski and L. Zhou Duality and collisions of harmonically constrained Calogero particles by A. Kasman A class of higher order Painleve systems arising from integrable hierarchies of type $A$ by T. Suzuki Toward a classification of four-dimensional Painleve-type equations by H. Kawakami, A. Nakamura, and H. Sakai R. Fuchs' problem of the Painleve equations from the first to the fifth by Y. Ohyama and S. Okumura Differential equations for triangle groups by S. Chakravarty Hirota equation and the quantum plane by A. Doliwa On the geometry of $Q_4$ mapping by A. S. Carstea Tau function and the Prym class by D. Korotkin and P. Zograf The spectral curve of the Eynard-Orantin recursion via the Laplace transform by O. Dumitrescu, M. Mulase, B. Safnuk, and A. Sorkin Continuum limits of Toda lattices for map enumeration by V. U. Pierce.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume contains the proceedings of the AMS Special Session on Algebraic and Geometric Aspects of Integrable Systems and Random Matrices, held from January 6-7, 2012, in Boston, MA, USA. The very wide range of topics represented in this volume illustrates the importance of methods and ideas originating in the theory of integrable systems to such diverse areas of mathematics as algebraic geometry, combinatorics, and probability theory. The volume offers a balanced combination of survey articles and research papers with important new results.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Painlevé equations > Congresses.
- Differential equations, Nonlinear > Congresses.
- Hamiltonian systems > Congresses.
- Ordinary differential equations > Differential equations in the complex domain > Painlevé and other special equations; classification, hierarchies; .
- Ordinary differential equations > Differential equations in the complex domain > Isomonodromic deformations.
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory > Infinite-dimensional Hamiltonian systems > Completely integrable systems, integrability tests, bi-Hamiltonian structures, hierarchies (KdV, KP, Toda, etc.)
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory > Infinite-dimensional Hamiltonian systems > Soliton theory, asymptotic behavior of solutions.
- Combinatorics > Graph theory > Enumeration in graph theory.
- Algebraic geometry > Families, fibrations > Applications of vector bundles and moduli spaces in mathematical physics (twistor theory, instantons, quantum field theory)
- Algebraic geometry > Curves > Families, moduli (analytic)
- Difference and functional equations > Difference equations > Multiplicative and other generalized difference equations, e.g. of Lyness type.
- Special functions (33-XX deals with the properties of functions as functions) > Other special functions > Painlevé-type functions.
- Probability theory and stochastic processes > Probability theory on algebraic and topological structures > Random matrices (probabilistic aspects; for algebraic aspects see 15B52)
- Publication date
- Anton Dzhamay, Kenichi Maruno, Virgil U. Pierce, editors.
- Contemporary mathematics ; 593
- 9780821887479 (paperback)
- 0821887475 (paperback)