56 up [videorecording]
- ITV Studios ; produced by Claire Lewis, Michael Apted ; directed by Michael Apted.
- English. Closed-captioned in English.
- [Exhibition version].
- New York, NY : First Run Features, 
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (143 min., 35 sec.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Apted, Michael. Up series.
- "The latest instalment of ITV's landmark documentary series returns to visit the people whose lives have been followed since they were just seven-years-old. The original '7 Up' was broadcast in 1964 as a one-off World in Action Special featuring children chosen from different backgrounds to talk about their hopes and dreams for the future. The series was inspired by World in Action founder editor Tim Hewat's interest in both the saying: "Give me the child until he is seven and I will show you the man," and the rigid class system of 1960s Britain. 7 Up set out to discover whether or not the children's lives were pre-determined by their background. Director Michael Apted, who has since moved to Hollywood to direct films including 'The World Is Not Enough', 'The Chronicles of Narnia' and 'Gorillas in the Mist', has returned every seven years to chart the children's progress through life."--itv.com. Now they are 56 years old.
- Generations > Great Britain > Case studies.
- Child development > Case studies.
- Children > Great Britain > Longitudinal studies.
- Developmental psychology > Great Britain > Case studies.
- Maturation (Psychology) > Case studies.
- Life cycle, Human > Case studies.
- Adulthood > Longitudinal studies.
- Middle-aged persons > Great Britain > Attitudes.
- Great Britain > Social conditions > 1945-
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Fifty-six up
- Up series
- Incorrect run time listed on packaging and DVD.
- Originally broadcast in the UK on ITV as a documentary television special, premiering on May 14, 2012.
- Extras include Robert Ebert interviews Michael Apted, filmmaker statement, filmmaker biography, photo gallery.
- Production Credits
- Directors of photography, George Jesse Turner, Kathryn Milliss ; editors, Ian Brown, Daniel Ward, Kim Horton ; executive producer, Alexander Gardiner.
- Interviewer, Michael Apted ; interviews with: Bruce Balden, Jacqueline Bassett, Symon Basterfield, Andrew Brackfield, John Brisby, Suzanne Dewey, Nicholas Hitchon, Neil Hughes, Lynn Johnson, Paul Kligerman, Susan Sullivan, Tony Walker, Peter Davies.
- DVD, NTSC.
- Publisher Number
- FRF 915380D First Run Features
Browse related items
Start at call number: