Responsibility to protect and women, peace and security : aligning the protection agendas
- edited by Sara E. Davies, Zim Nwokora, Eli Stamnes, Sarah Teitt.
- Leiden : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 198 pages ; 24 cm
Law Library (Crown)
|KZ4082 .R474 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: The responsibility to protect : a principle for the women, peace and security agenda? / Sara E. Davies, Zim Nwokora, Eli Stamnes and Sara Teitt
- The responsibility to protect : integrating gender perspectives into policies and practices / Eli Stamnes
- Translating UNSCR 1325 into practice : lessons learned and obstacles ahead / Katrina Lee-Koo
- WPS and R2P : theorising responsibility and protection / Lucy Hall and Laura J. Shepherd
- Responsibility to protect or prevent? : victims and perpetrators of sexual violence crimes in armed conflicts / Inger Skjelsbak
- Gender-sensitive protection and the responsibility to prevent : lessons from Chad / John Karlsrud and Randi Solhjell
- Implementing UN Security Council Resolution 1325 : putting the responsibility to protect into practice / Sahana Dharmapuri
- Beyond "cultural constraint" : gender, security, and participation in the Pacific Islands / Nicole George
- The obstacles of aligning women peace and security and the responsibility to protect in UN practice / Melina Lito.
- Publisher's Summary
- In Responsibility to Protect and Women, Peace and Security: Aligning the Protection Agendas, editors Sara E. Davies, Zim Nwokora, Eli Stamnes and Sarah Teitt address the intersections of the Responsibility to Protect (R2P) principle and the Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) agenda. Contributions from policy-makers and academics consider both the merits and the utility of aligning the protection agendas of R2P and WPS. A number of actionable recommendations are made concerning a unification of the agendas to best support the global empowerment of women and the prevention of mass atrocities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789004257689 20160612
- Publication date
- 9789004257689 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9004257683 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9789004257696 (e-book)
- 9004257691 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: