Crisis! what crisis? : the multiple dimensions of the Zimbabwean crisis
- edited by Sarah Chiumbu and Muchapara Musemwa.
- Cape Town : HSRC Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xxv, 286 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Perspectives of the Zimbabwean crises / Sarah Chiumbu and Muchaparara Musemwa
- Acronyms and abbreviations
- Perpetuating colonial legacies: the post-colonial state, water crises and the outbreak of disease in Harare, Zimbabwe, 1980-2009 / Muchaparara Musemwa
- Remittances and household livelihood strategies in Glen Norah, Harare / Tatenda Mukwedeya
- Negotiating the crisis: mobile phones and the informal economy in Zimbabwe / Sarah Chiumbu and Richard Nyamanhindi
- Zimbabwe's global citizens in 'Harare North': livelihood strategies of Zimbabweans in the United Kingdom / Beacon Mbiba
- Escaping home: The case of ethnicity and formal education in the migration of Zimbabweans during the Zimbabwean 'crisis' / Thabisani Ndlovu
- Negotiating the Zimbabwe-Mozambique border: the pursuit of survival by Mutare's poor, 2000-2008 / Fidelis Duri
- Linguistic negotiation of the Zimbabwean crises / Maxwell Kadenge --'A Zimbabwean joke is no laughing matter': e-humour and versions of subversion
- Mediating crisis : realigning media policy and deployment of propaganda in Zimbabwe, 2000-2008
- Subterranean faultlines : representations of Robert Mugabe in South African press cartoons
- The 'sellout logic' in the formation of Zimbabwean nationalist politics, 1961-1964
- Zimbabwe's democracy of diminished expectations.
- Publisher's Summary
- From infrastructural problems to a depreciating currency, this collection of essays examines the Zimbabwean people's struggle to survive through a historic series of socioeconomic crises. The book explores not only their resilience in the face of censorship, rapid militarism, disease, and economic instability, but also how they have employed social media as a tool to fight against these issues. Thorough and hard-hitting, this study is an invaluable guide to Zimbabwe's history of crisis, corruption, migration, and survival.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780796923837 20160612
- Publication date
- 9780796923837 (pbk.)
- 0796923833 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: