Routledge handbook of the economics of climate change adaptation
- edited by Anil Markandya, Ibon Galarraga and Elisa Sainz de Murieta.
- New York : Routledge, 2014.
- Physical description
- xiii, 447 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Routledge international handbook series.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Economics and adaptation
- Uncertainty, equity, valuation and efficiency
- Adaptation in activity sectors
- Other dimensions of adaptation.
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges facing human kind owing to the great uncertainty regarding future impacts, which affect all regions and many ecosystems. Many publications deal with economic issues relating to mitigation policies, but the economics of adaptation to climate change has received comparatively little attention. However, this area is is critical and a central pillar of any adaptation strategy or plan and is the economic dimension, which therefore merits the increase in attention it is receiving. This book deals with the difficulties that face the economics of adaptation. Critical issues include: uncertainty; baselines; reversibility, flexibility and adaptive management; distributional impacts; discount rates and time horizons; mixing monetary and non-monetary evaluations and limits to the use of cost-benefit analysis; economy-wide impacts and cross-sectoral linkages. All of these are addressed in the book from the perspective of economics of adaptation. Other dimensions of adaptation are also included, such as the role of low- and middle-income countries, technology and the impacts of extreme events. This timely book will prove essential reading for international researchers and policy makers in the fields of natural resources, environmental economics and climate change.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Routledge international handbooks
- 9780415633116 (hardback)
- 0415633117 (hardback)
- 9780203095201 (e-book)
- 1136212116 (electronic bk.)
- 9781136212116 (electronic bk.)
- 1136212124 (electronic bk.)
- 9781136212123 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: