RNA nanotechnology and therapeutics [electronic resource]
- edited by Peixuan Guo, Farzin Haque.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2014.
- Physical description
- xvii, p. : ill. (some col.).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section I Introduction: Principles and Fundamentals of RNA Nanotechnology The Emerging Field of RNA Nanotechnology Peixuan Guo Uniqueness, Advantages, Challenges, Solutions, and Perspectives in Therapeutics Applying RNA Nanotechnology Peixuan Guo, Farzin Haque, Brent Hallahan, Randall Reif, Hui Li, and Shaoying Wang Section II RNA Folding, Structure, and Motifs in RNA Nanoparticle Assembly Kink Turn Structural Motif in RNA Peter Daldrop, Lin Huang, Kersten T. Schroeder, Jia Wang, and David M. J. Lilley RNA Nanotechnology: Learning from Biologically Active RNA Nanomachines Neocles B. Leontis and Emil F. Khisamutdinov Natural Selection and Structural Polymorphism of RNA 3D Structures Involving GNRA Loops and Their Receptor Motifs Takahiro Tanaka, Hiroyuki Furuta, and Yoshiya Ikawa RNA Junction Motifs as Scaffolds for Construction of Multifunctional RNA Nanoparticles Farzin Haque and Peixuan Guo Section III RNA Computation and Structure Prediction for RNA Nanoparticle Construction Role of Dynamics in RNA Nanostructure Design Wojciech Kasprzak and Bruce A. Shapiro RNA Three-Dimensional Structure Determination Using Experimental Constraints Feng Ding and Nikolay V. Dokholyan Section IV RNA Chemistry for Nanoparticle Synthesis, Conjugation, and Labeling Nucleotide Chemistry for RNA Nanoparticle Labeling, Conjugation, and Synthesis Brian M. Laing and Donald E. Bergstrom RNA Conjugations and Ligations for RNA Nanotechnology Eduardo Paredes and Subha R. Das Atom-Specific Mutagenesis of RNAs for Structure, Function, and Therapeutics Studies Huiyan Sun and Zhen Huang Section V Single-Molecule and Biophysical Techniques in RNA Nanostructure Analysis Atomic Force Microscopy of RNA: Imaging and Beyond Peter M. Schon, Luda S. Shlyakhtenko, and Yuri L. Lyubchenko Single-Molecule Approach to Study RNA Nanoparticles Hui Zhang, Chris Richards, Zhengyi Zhao, and Peixuan Guo Section VI Methods for the Assembly of RNA Nanoparticles Fabrication Methods for RNA Nanoparticle Assembly Based on Bacteriophage phi29 Packaging RNA Structural Features Yi Shu, Bahar Seremi, and Peixuan Guo Synthetic RNA-Protein Nanostructures and Their Potential Applications Hirohisa Ohno, Eriko Osada, Tan Inoue, and Hirohide Saito DNA Nanotechnology as Reference for RNA Nanotechnology Zhen-Gang Wang and Baoquan Ding Section VII RNA Nanoparticles for Therapy of Cancer, Viral Infections, and Genetic Diseases Thermodynamically Stable RNA Three-Way Junction for Constructing Multifunctional Nanoparticles for Delivery of Therapeutics Dan Shu, Yi Shu, Farzin Haque, Sherine Abdelmawla, and Peixuan Guo Design and Construction of RNA Nanoparticles Targeting Prostate Cancer Randall Reif and Peixuan Guo Conjugation of RNA Aptamer to RNA Nanoparticles for Targeted Drug Delivery Katherine Germer, Fengmei Pi, Peixuan Guo, and Xiaoting Zhang Extracellular Membrane Vesicles and Extracellular Membrane Vesicle-Based Therapeutics for Brain Diseases Jayden A. Smith, Clara Alfaro-Cervello, Chiara Cossetti, Nunzio Iraci, Matilde Stefanini, and Stefano Pluchino Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of RNA Nanoparticles Markos Leggas Section VIII RNA Nanotechnology for Diagnostic Applications RNA Nanotechnology in Sensing, Detection, and Disease Diagnosis Ping Lei and Guanxin Shen Potentials of RNA Aptamers for Viral Detection and Treatment Longxin Chen, Runting Li, and Runlin Z. Ma Section IX Application of RNA Aptamers in RNA Nanotechnology and Therapeutics Application of RNA Aptamers in Nanotechnology and Therapeutics Hua Shi Aptamers Targeting a Subunit or a Conformation of Glutamate Ion Channel Receptors Zhen Huang, William Jaremko, Chi-yen Lin, and Li Niu Section X Application of miRNAs in RNA Nanotechnology and Therapeutics Application of MicroRNAs in RNA Nanotechnology and Antiviral Therapeutics Ye Qiu, Xin Ye, Maged Hemida, Mary Zhang, Paul Hanson, and Decheng Yang MicroRNAs: Biology and Role in RNA Nanotechnology Bin Guo and Daniel W. Binzel Section XI Application of siRNAs in RNA Nanotechnology and Therapeutics Current Advances in Self-Assembly RNAi Nanoparticles Ka-To Shum, Jiehua Zhou, and John J. Rossi Self-Assembly of siRNA Containing Nanoparticles Mengyao Zheng, Thomas Kissel, and Olivia M. Merkel Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466505834 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Interest in RNA nanotechnology has increased in recent years as recognition of its potential for applications in nanomedicine has grown. Edited by the world's foremost experts in nanomedicine, this comprehensive, state-of-the-art reference details the latest research developments and challenges in the biophysical and single molecule approaches in RNA nanotechnology. In addition, the text also provides in-depth discussions of RNA structure for nanoparticle construction, RNA computation and modeling, single molecule imaging of RNA, RNA nanoparticle assembly, RNA nanoparticles in therapeutics, RNA chemistry for nanoparticle synthesis, and conjugation and labeling.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466505834 20160612
- Publication date
- Also available in print edition.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781466505834 (e-book : PDF)