Handbook of water analysis
- edited by Leo M.L. Nollet, Leen S.P. De Gelder.
- Third edition.
- Boca Raton : Taylor & Francis, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : text file, PDF
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Sampling and Data Treatment Methods Sampling Methods in Surface Waters, Munro Mortimer, Jochen F. Muller, and Matthias Liess Methods of Treatment of Data, Riccardo Leardi Radioanalytical Analysis Radioanalytical Methodology for Water Analysis, Jorge S. Alvarado Organoleptical Analysis Organoleptical Methodology, Abdul Moheman, Md. Musawwer Khan, and K. S. Siddiqi Analysis of Biological Parameters Bacteriological Analysis of Water, Paulinus Chigbu and Salina Parveen Marine Toxins Analysis, Luis M. Botana, A. Alfonso, M. R. Vieytes, N. Vilarino, A. M. Botana, C. Louzao, and C. Vale Algal Analysis, Leonardo Rubi Rorig Halogens, N-Compounds, and Phosphates Halogens, Geza Nagy and Livia Nagy Analysis of Sulfur Compounds in Water, Leo M. L. Nollet Determination of Ammonia in Water Samples, Juliana Antunes Galvao, Alexandre Matthiensen, Marilia Oetterer, Y. Moliner-Martinez, R. A. Gonzalez-Fuenzalida, M. Munoz-Ortuno, R. Herraez-Hernandez, J. Verdu-Andres, C. Molins-Legua, and P. Campins Falco Nitrites and Nitrates, Adnan Aydin Phosphates in Aquatic Systems, Alexandre Matthiensen, Juliana Antunes Galvao, and Marilia Oetterer Cyanides, Asbestos, Metals, and Si-Compounds Cyanides, Leo M. L. Nollet Asbestos in Water, James S. Webber Heavy Metals, Major Metals, Trace Elements, Jorge E. Marcovecchio, Sandra E. Botte, Claudia E. Domini, and Ruben H. Freije Determination of Silicon and Silicates, Salah M. Sultan Organic Parameters Main Parameters and Assays Involved with the Organic Pollution of Water, Lorena Vidal, Claudia E. Domini, and Antonio Canals Determination of Organic Nitrogen in the Aquatic Environment, Juliana Antunes Galvao, Alexandre Matthiensen, and Marilia Oetterer Determination of Urea in Aquatic Samples, Juliana Antunes Galvao, Alexandre Matthiensen, and Marilia Oetterer Organic Acids, Mercedes Gallego Fernandez, Evaristo Ballesteros Tribaldo, and Beatriz Jurado Sanchez Determination of Volatile Organic Compounds in Water, Ivan P. Roman Falco and Marta Nogueroles Moya Phenolic and Humic Compounds Determination of Phenolic Compounds in Water, Leo M. L. Nollet Characterization of Humic Matter, Leo M. L. Nollet Residues of Pesticides Determination of Pesticides in Water, Evaristo Ballesteros Tribaldo Analysis of Herbicide and Fungicide Residues in Waters, N. Sridhara Chary, Maria Jose Gomez Ramos, and Amadeo R. Fernandez-Alba Residues of PCBs, PCDDs, PCDFS, and PAHs Analysis of PCBs in Waters, L. Bartolome, O. Zuloaga, and N. Etxebarria PCDDs and PCDFs, Luigi Turrio-Baldassarri, Paola Pettine, and Laura Achene Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Chimezie Anyakora Surfactants and Petroleum Hydrocarbon Analysis Surfactants, Eva Pocurull and Rosa Maria Marce Petroleum Hydrocarbon Analysis, Ivan P. Roman Falco EDCs and Residues of Plastics Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, and Personal Care Products, Dimitra A. Lambropoulou and Eleni Evgenidou Residues of Plastics, Dimitra A. Lambropoulou and Eleni Evgenidou Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Extensively revised and updated, Handbook of Water Analysis, Third Edition provides current analytical techniques for detecting various compounds in water samples. Maintaining the detailed and accessible style of the previous editions, this third edition demonstrates water sampling and preservation methods by enumerating different ways to measure chemical and radiological characteristics. It gives step-by-step descriptions of separation, residue determination, and clean-up techniques. See What's New in the Second Edition: * Includes five new chapters covering ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, and petroleum hydrocarbons, as well as organoleptical and algal analysis methodology * Compares older methods still frequently used with recently developed protocols, and examines future trends * Features a new section regarding organoleptical analysis of water acknowledging that ultimately the consumers of drinking water have the final vote over its quality with respect to odor, flavor, and color The book covers the physical, chemical, and other relevant properties of various substances found in water. It then describes the sampling, cleanup, extraction, and derivatization procedures, and concludes with detection methods. Illustrated with procedure flow charts and schematics, the text includes numerous tables categorizing methods according to type of component, origin of the water sample, parameters and procedures used, and application range. With contributions from international experts, the book guides you through the entire scientific investigation starting with a sampling strategy designed to capture the real-world situation as closely as possible, and ending with an adequate chemometrical and statistical treatment of the acquired data. By organizing data into more than 300 tables, graphs, and charts, and supplementing the text with equations and illustrations, the editors distill a wealth of knowledge into a single accessible reference.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "A CRC title."
- Also available in print format.
- Available in another form
- Print version: ( 9781439889640 (hardback : alk. paper) )
- 9781439889664 (e-book : PDF)
- 9781439889640 (hardcover : alk. paper)