Engineering aspects of cereal and cereal-based products [electronic resource]
- editors, Raquel de Pinho Ferreira Guiné, Paula Maria dos Reis Correia.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2014.
- Physical description
- xix, 347 p. : ill.
- Contemporary food engineering (Unnumbered)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Cereals Production and Characteristics Laszlo Lang, Mariann Rakszegi, and Zoltan Bedo Transportation and Storage of Cereals Paula M. R. Correia and Raquel P. F. Guine Malting Luis F. Guido and Manuela M. Moreira Rice Processing Anshu Singh, Mithu Das, Satish Bal, and Rintu Banerjee Dry Milling Sara Beirao da Costa, Vitor D. Alves, and Luisa Beirao da Costa Flour Quality and Technological Abilities Maria Papageorgiou and Adriana Skendi Bread Making Duska Curic, Dubravka Novotni, and Bojana Smerdel Confectionary Baking Servet Gulum Sumnu and Ozge Sakiyan Demirkol Breakfast Cereals Maria Joao Barroca Pasta Eleonora Carini, Elena Curti, Michele Minucciani, Franco Antoniazzi, and Elena Vittadini Wet Milling and Starch Extraction Sergio O. Serna Saldivar Extrusion Cooking of Cereal-Based Products Rolando J. Gonzalez, Silvina R. Drago, Roberto L. Torres, and Dardo M. De Greef New Trends in Cereal-Based Products Concha Collar Effects of Processing on Nutritional and Functional Properties of Cereal Products Sanaa Ragaee, Koushik Seethraman, and El-Sayed M. Abdel-Aal.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439887028 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Cereal food engineering has become increasingly important in the food industry over the years, as it plays a key role in developing new food products and improved manufacturing processes. Engineering Aspects of Cereal and Cereal-Based Products focuses on the recent growth in cereal technology and baked foods science, reviewing the latest updates in technological developments in agricultural cultivation and processing for cereal scientists, food engineers, and students. Cereals include a vast number of biochemical entities, very diverse in composition and properties, as well as technological abilities. The text discusses cereal production, which varies according to cultural practices, type of cereal, cultivar, and region. It also addresses transportation, storage, and cereal quality-important at every phase from harvest to production. Chapters cover technological operations such as wet and dry milling and extrusion, and they address particular processing operations that are subject to improvements, including bread and confectionary baking. The text also examines malting, rice processing, breakfast cereals, and pasta. In addition, it explores new trends in cereal-based products and the effects of processing on nutritional and functional properties of cereal products. This book discusses the basic elements of cereal technology, from production to transformation, including the most important processing operations in cereal technology, with emphasis on the engineering aspects.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439887028 20160612
- Publication date
- Contemporary food engineering
- Also available in print edition.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781439887035 (e-book : PDF)