Nanobiomaterials [electronic resource] : development and applications
- edited by Dong Kee Yi, Georgia C. Papaefthymiou.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2014.
- Physical description
- xvii, 448 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.).
- Advances in materials science and engineering.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Nanomaterials in Nanobiotechnologies: Preparation, Characterization, and Applications Bio-Inspired Magnetic Nanoparticles Georgia C. Papaefthymiou and Eamonn Devlin Nanoparticles for Bioimaging Hye Sun Park and Yong Taik Lim Biomedical Applications of Dendrimer Porphyrin or Phthalocyanine Woo-Dong Jang and Won-Gun Koh Polymeric Nanoparticles in Cancer Therapy Heebeom Koo, Ji Young Yhee, Ick Chan Kwon, Kwangmeyung Kim, and Ramesh Subbiah Carbon Nanotube Bioconjugates Monica Samal, Dong Kee Yi, and Shashadhar Samal Biocatalytic Nanosystems Jaehong Lim and Su Seong Lee Magnetically Induced Hyperthermia for Biomedical Applications Michael Fardis, Ioannis Rabias, Georgios Diamantopoulos, Eleni Karakosta, Danai Tsitrouli, Vassilios Tzitzios, and Georgios Papavassiliou Soft Block Nanobuilding: New Preparation Routes of Soft Nanomaterials Using Biomolecules Engineered Biomolecules as Nanomaterials Yun Jung Lee and Ki Tae Nam Nanomaterials and Bio-MEMS: Nano- and Microscale Hybridization of Materials and Applications Microfluidic-Based Polymer Scaffold Design for Tissue Engineering Mohana Marimuthu and Sanghyo Kim Fabrication of Mobile Hybrid Microswimmers Using Micro/Nanoparticles and Bacterial Flagella U. Kei Cheang and Min Jun Kim Nanotoxicity Studies and Applications in Eco-Biosystems Environmental Applications of Nanomaterials Jaesang Lee, Byoung Chan Kim, Hun Je Cho, and Changha Lee Cytotoxicity of Biosynthesized Nanomaterials and Functionalized Nanomaterials: Use in Therapy Murugan Veerapandian, Kyusik Yan, Ramesh Subbiah, and Min-Ho Lee Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439876411 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- There is a continuous exchange of ideas taking place at the border of the biological and physical sciences in many areas of nanoscience. Nanotechnology uses biomimetic or bio-inspired processes to produce nanosized materials for applications in biology and other fields. In return, the fruits of nanotechnology are applied to expanding areas of biomedical and therapeutic processes, such as new nanostructures and scaffolds for tissue engineering or targeted drug delivery. In this way, nanobiotechnology serves as a bridge between nano and bio, with nanoscale materials providing the building blocks for the construction of the "bridge." Nanobiomaterials: Development and Applications gives you a broad, interdisciplinary view of current developments as well as new findings and applications in bionanomaterials. The book brings together the work of international contributors who are actively engaged at the forefront of research in their respective disciplines. Organized into four parts, this book explores the preparation and characterization of nanomaterials, new preparation routes of soft nanomaterials using biomolecules, nano- and microscale hybridization of materials, and nanotoxicity. The contributors cover a diverse set of topics, including: * Biomimetic synthesis * Bioimaging and cancer diagnosis * Photodynamic therapy * Bioconjugated carbon nanotube DNA transfection and tumor targeting * Magnetically induced hyperthermia * Cytotoxity mechanisms and their potential use in therapy * Virus-enabled manufacturing of functional nanomaterials * Biocatalitic nanosystems and enzyme immobilization * Tissue engineering * The fabrication of hybrid microswimmers * Bionanomaterial applications in environmental remediation Each chapter is richly illustrated and includes an extensive list of references to guide you toward further research. Combining bionanomaterial development and applications, the book clearly demonstrates the importance of these materials to biotechnology, biomedicine, and environmental remediation. It offers an accessible overview for students, industrial researchers, pharmaceutical innovators, medical and public health personnel, environmental scientists and engineers, and anyone interested in this interdisciplinary field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439876411 20160612
- Publication date
- Advances in materials science and engineering
- Also available in print format.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Available in another form
- ( 9781439876411 (hardback) )
- 9781439876428 (e-book : PDF)
- 1439876428 (electronic bk.)