Polymer and polymer-hybrid nanoparticles : from synthesis to biomedical applications
- Stanislav Rangelov, Asterios Pispas.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : text file, PDF
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Polymer Synthesis Introduction Generalities on Living/Controlled Polymerizations Block Copolymers Heterogeneous Polymerization Techniques for Polymeric Nanoparticle Synthesis References Polymeric Nanoparticles from Pure Block Copolymers General Aspects of Copolymer Self-Assembly Self-Assembled Polymeric Aggregates: From Micelles to Vesicles and More Complex Structures References Organic-Organic Hybrid Nanoassemblies Introductory Notes Polymer-Surfactant Hybrid Structures Polymer-Lipid Hybrid Structures Polymer-Polymer Hybrid Structures Hybrid Structures Formed upon Interaction of Polymers with Proteins and Peptides Hybrid Structures Formed upon Interactions of Polymers with Oligo- and Polynucleotides References Hybrid Polymeric Nanoparticles Containing Inorganic Nanostructures Introduction Some General Features of Inorganic Nanoparticles Polymers as Ligands for Nanoparticle Formation and Stabilization Synthesis of Inorganic Nanoparticles in Block Copolymer Micelles and Other Polymeric Nanostructures in Solutions Hybrid Nanostructures from Preformed Inorganic Nanoparticles and Block Copolymers Hybrid Polymersomes Surface-Modified Inorganic Nanoparticles by Grafted Polymer Chains Hybrid Polymeric Nanoparticles via (Mini)Emulsion Polymerization Hybrid Nanoparticles by LbL Approaches and Hybrid Polymeric (Polyelectrolyte) Nanocapsules Hybrid Nanoparticles Incorporating Block Copolymers and Carbon Nanomaterials References Biological Applications of Polymeric Nanoparticles Delivery of Low-Molecular-Weight Drugs Delivery of Macromolecular Drugs Applications in Imaging and Diagnostics Polymeric Nanoparticles for Photodynamic Therapy Multifunctional Polymeric Nanoparticles References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Polymeric and hybrid nanoparticles have received increased scientific interest in terms of basic research as well as commercial applications, promising a variety of uses for nanostructures in fields including bionanotechnology and medicine. Condensing the relevant research into a comprehensive reference, Polymer and Polymer-Hybrid Nanoparticles: From Synthesis to Biomedical Applications covers an array of topics from synthetic procedures and macromolecular design to possible biomedical applications of nanoparticles and materials based on original and unique polymers. The book presents a well-rounded picture of objects ranging from simple polymeric micelles to complex hybrid polymer-based nanostructures, detailing synthetic procedures, techniques for characterization and analysis, properties, and behavior in selective solvents and dispersions. Each chapter contains background and introductory information, summarizing generalities on the nanosystems being discussed. The chapters also describe representative works of experts and provide in-depth, focused discussions. The authors present current knowledge on the following topics: * Designed synthesis of functional polymers * Construction of block copolymer micellar and nonmicellar self-assembled structures * Construction of organic-organic hybrid nanosized particles * Construction of organic-inorganic hybrid nanoparticles and nanoassemblies The final chapter addresses biological applications of polymeric nanoparticles, including delivery of low-molecular-weight drugs, macromolecular drugs, imaging and diagnostics, and photodynamic therapy. Summarizing important developments in the field, the authors condense relevant research into a comprehensive resource.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Also available in print format.
- Available in another form
- Print version: 9781439869079 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9781439869093 (e-book : PDF)
- 143986909X (e-book : PDF)