Nanotechnology and human health
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : text file, PDF
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction, Ineke Malsch Nanoengineering Overview Nanomaterial Characterization and Metrology, Asmus Meyer-Plath and Florian F. Schweinberger Biomedical Nanotechnology Overview Nanoparticles: New Medical Potential-Today and Tomorrow, Tamar Chachibaia Nanomaterials for Bone Reconstructive Composites, M. van der Zande, B. C. Chesnutt, X. F. Walboomers, and J. A. Jansen Nanotechnology and Agrifood and Water Nanotechnologies in Agrofood and Water, Frans W. H. Kampers Nanofoods: Environmental, Health, and Socioeconomic Risks or the Achilles' Heel of Nanotechnologies? Simon Beaudoin, Louise Vandelac, and Christian Papilloud Bionanotechnology and the Environment Benefits of Nanotechnology for the Environment, Danail Hristozov Nanotoxicology Overview and Problems In Vitro Study for Nanomaterials, Seishiro Hirano and Karim Maghni
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Addressing medium- and long-term expectations for human health, this book reviews current scientific and technical developments in nanotechnology for biomedical, agrofood, and environmental applications. This collection of perspectives on the ethical, legal, and societal implications of bionanotechnology provides unique insight into contemporary technological developments. Readers with a technical background will benefit from the overview of the state-of-the-art research in their field, while readers with a social science background will benefit from the discussion of realistic prospects of nanotechnology. The text also includes a glossary as well as extensive end-of-chapter references.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Ineke Malsch, Claude Emond.
- Also available in print format.
- Available in another form
- Print version: 9780849381447 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9780849381454 (e-book : PDF)
- 0849381452 (e-book : PDF)