Paternal instinct [videorecording]
- [presented by] Cinemax Reel Life ; Two Spirit Productions.
- [U.S.] : Strand Releasing Home Video ; New York : Two Spirit Productions, c2005.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (74 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Law Library (Crown)
Permanent reserve: Ask at circulation desk
|HQ75.27 .P38 2005||In-library use|
- For Mark and Erik, a gay couple, and Wen, a prospective surrogate mother, the decision to have a child together starts them on a three-year journey that will transform their lives. Wen is a married computer programmer and a practicing Wiccan who wants to give the gift of parenthood and is willing to be impregnated by both Mark and Erik to give them two children ... but Mark turns out to be "sub-fertile." Their dramatic quest -- through surrogacy negotiations, insemination attempts, fertility challenges and other upheavals -- is rendered with an unusual degree of intimacy and immediacy.
- Release date
- Production date
- Originally produced in 2004.
- Special features: Deleted scenes -- Bonus scenes -- Home movies -- Interview with Harry Hay, pioneer of the gay rights movement -- Preview of the director's new work 'Two men talking' -- Weblink for gay/lesbian parenting & adoption services -- Photo album.
- Production Credits
- Directed by Murray Nossel ; produced by Craig Harwood and Murray Nossel ; cinematographer, Edward Marritz ; editor, Susanne Rostock ; original score composer: Hahn Rowe.
- DVD; region 1; Dolby digital.
- Publisher Number
- 2506-2 Strand Releasing Home Video
Browse related items
Start at call number: