Academic language in diverse classrooms. Mathematics, grades 6-8 : promoting content and language learning
- Margo Gottlieb, Gisela Ernst-Slavit, series editors ; foreword by Judit N. Moschkovich.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, a SAGE Company, 
- Physical description
- xx, 160 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|QA13 .A326 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword by Judit N. Moschkovich Preface Acknowledgments About the Editors 1. Academic Language: A Foundation for Academic Success in Mathematics by Margo Gottlieb and Gisela Ernst-Slavit CCSS for Mathematics and Related Academic Language 2. Grade 6: Exploring Possibilities With Geometric Solids by Amanda Villagomez and Kerri J. Wenger 3. Grade 7: Ratios and Proportions in Everyday Life by Zandra de Araujo 4. Grade 8: Are They Similar or Congruent? by Gladis Kersaint Glossary Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452234830 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- While most educational researchers and practitioners agree that that mastery of academic language is the key to students' academic success, many teachers are not well-versed in its major components and would benefit by learning how to integrate these components into curriculum and instructional assessment. The construct of academic language is of increasing importance to educators as the Common Core State Standards, the new national anchor for curriculum, instruction, and assessment, have set a high bar of rigorous and challenging content, especially for ELs and SELs. This title -- one of a seven book series -- will offer guidance to educators in how to target academic language in planning for student learning as states undergo the implementation of the Common Core and corresponding English language proficiency standards in preparation for the upcoming consortia-led assessments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452234830 20160612
- Mathematics > Study and teaching (Middle school) > United States.
- Language arts > Correlation with content subjects > United States.
- English language > Study and teaching (Middle school) > United States.
- English language > Study and teaching (Middle school) > Foreign speakers.
- Multicultural education > United States.
- Arts du langage > Relation avec les matières d'enseignement > États-Unis.
- Arts du langage (Primaire) > Normes > États-Unis.
- Mathématiques > Étude et enseignement (Primaire) > États-Unis.
- Mathématiques > Terminologie > Étude et enseignement (Primaire) > États-Unis.
- Anglais (Langue) > Étude et enseignement (Primaire) > Allophones.
- Publication date
- 9781452234830 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1452234833 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: