Streamlined ID : a practical guide to instructional design
- Miriam B. Larson and Barbara B. Lockee ; with illustrations by Mikaela L. Fuchs.
- New York : Routledge, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 277 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1028.38 .L37 2014
Note: added illustrator to 245 field per Education, hbr 11/4/2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 263-274) and index.
- Chapter 1 - Mastering the Basics Chapter 2 - Analyzing Needs to Define the Project Chapter 3 - Analyzing to Identify the Learners Chapter 4 - Analyzing the Contexts of Instruction Chapter 5 - Analyzing the Content & Project Scope Chapter 6 - Identifying the Outcomes & Aligning Instruction Chapter 7 - Assessing Learning Chapter 8 - Selecting Strategies: The Heart of Instructional Design Chapter 9 - Selecting Technologies that Support Instruction Chapter 10 - Designing & Delivering an Effective Message Chapter 11 - Producing & Implementing Instruction.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415505185 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Streamlined ID: A Practical Guide to Instructional Design presents a focused and generalizable approach to instructional design and development - one that addresses the needs of ID novices, as well as practitioners in a variety of career environments. Emphasizing the essentials and "big ideas" of ID, Streamlined ID presents a new perspective - one that aims to produce instruction that is sustainable, optimized, appropriately redundant, and targeted at continuous improvement. The book features an enhanced version of the classic ADDIE model (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation) that emphasizes the iterative nature of design and the role of evaluation throughout the design/development process. It clearly lays out a systematic approach that emphasizes the use of research-based theories, while acknowledging the need to customize the process to address a variety of pedagogical approaches: Instructivist, Constructivist, and Connectivist. The book opens with an overview of the basics of ID and each subsequent chapter describes major activities in the ID process with step-by-step instructions and tips for streamlining the process. Numerous job aids serve to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of your design efforts. Each chapter highlights key concepts and provides additional exercises and assignments based on the work of Benjamin Bloom. Streamlined ID is an ideal reference guide for optimizing professional practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415505185 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780415505178 (hbk.)
- 0415505178 (hbk.)
- 9780415505185 (pbk.)
- 0415505186 (pbk.)
- 9780203118757 (ebk.)
- 0203118758 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: